Community Forum

Cannot open links in emails

Frequent Visitor

Cannot open links in emails

I've always clicked on links in emails without problem.  Lately, they won't open anymore!  I get 10 to 20 emails a day with links in them, click on them, they won't open.  Just started about 3 days ago! Help!

Expert

Re: Cannot open links in emails

@dennieo wrote:

I've always clicked on links in emails without problem.  Lately, they won't open anymore!  I get 10 to 20 emails a day with links in them, click on them, they won't open.  Just started about 3 days ago! Help!

This is a known issue with the Chrome browser.  If that's the browser you're using, turn off your popup blocker.

You can also install a stand alone email client to avoid this problem all together.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have my popup blocker disabled, but the link problem persists.

Expert

@mk_smit wrote:

I have my popup blocker disabled, but the link problem persists.

Assuming you are talking about Chrome, right-click on the links and open them in a new tab or window.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Cannot open links in emails -

typical of Comcast, you are unable to view the responses from users; use gmail, their link work.  comcast's email gets worse not better.  I do not receive all my emails also - esp from my sister, so I know I'm not getting them  Refuse to call outsourcing help desk.  I can never understand them Smiley Sad The email links in Chrome and Opera browser will not open suddenly.  Smiley Sad

Official Employee

mariuchka, appreciate you taking the time to let us know you are unable to open links in your email. Are you accessing your email via Thunderbird or Outlook? Do you have any spam filters enabled? 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

please comcast answer.

Expert

@flowerchild1 wrote:

please comcast answer.

You are responding to a 3 1/2 month old thread.  If you have a question please start your own thread.  This one is now closed.