Community Forum

Cannot move email to trash

New Poster

Cannot move email to trash

I am able to move emails to trash.  I am getting an error message.   

Error

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.
 
I am looking for the fix.
thanks
New Poster

Re: Cannot move email to trash

Same here.

Regular Contributor

Re: Cannot move email to trash

Same problem here, started this morning.

Cannot delete messages get the same error message as above.

Expert

Re: Cannot move email to trash

Your storage allowance is 10 Gb.  Are you getting close to that limit?  If so you will need to start deleting old emails.  There is no way to add storage to your account.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Cannot move email to trash


@Latoque wrote:

Your storage allowance is 10 Gb.  Are you getting close to that limit?  If so you will need to start deleting old emails.  There is no way to add storage to your account.


The problem went away yesterday afternoon, so the storage amount wasn't the issue.  It's not obvious how you see your  used storage amount. How do you find that? I fetch my Inbox with Outlook Express every couple months anyway.

Expert

Re: Cannot move email to trash


@Joe_S wrote:

@Latoque wrote:

Your storage allowance is 10 Gb.  Are you getting close to that limit?  If so you will need to start deleting old emails.  There is no way to add storage to your account.


The problem went away yesterday afternoon, so the storage amount wasn't the issue.  It's not obvious how you see your  used storage amount. How do you find that? I fetch my Inbox with Outlook Express every couple months anyway.


It's under the gear icon.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Cannot move email to trash


@Again wrote:

@Joe_S wrote:

@Latoque wrote:

Your storage allowance is 10 Gb.  Are you getting close to that limit?  If so you will need to start deleting old emails.  There is no way to add storage to your account.


The problem went away yesterday afternoon, so the storage amount wasn't the issue.  It's not obvious how you see your  used storage amount. How do you find that? I fetch my Inbox with Outlook Express every couple months anyway.


It's under the gear icon.


Right, I knew I had seen it before.

I'm only at 1%.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot move email to trash

I cannot move emails to my trash folder and I cannot empty my trash folder. The message I get is--Server Error.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot move email to trash

When I go to the trash folder, the deleted items do not appear---just the total number of deleted items--934.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot move email to trash

How do I delete old deleted emails when they don't appear in my trash folder?

Expert

Re: Cannot move email to trash


@danhake wrote:

When I go to the trash folder, the deleted items do not appear---just the total number of deleted items--934.


First, to clarify------are you clicking on the Trash folder or just hovering the mouse pointer over it when you see the number?  Also, you have a recovery feature built into the Trash folder.  When you delete a message it's still there, just not obviously visible.  If you right-click on the Trash folder you will see an option to "Recover deleted items".  Once an email is deleted from Trash, it goes into that feature for at least 30 days and then drops permanently out of sight.  But for the issue at hand, try signing out of the account and back in again.  See if anything changes.  Also--------------
Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot move email to trash

So how do I remove the deleted messages when they are not visable when I go into the trash folder?

Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot move email to trash

Thanks for the offer of help as always @Latoque Tried your suggestions several hours ago a few times. With no luck. P.S. everybody you can delete the emails if you have Comcast email set up on your cell phone. I have an iPhone. But the number shown in the trash folder does not refresh.  At least that worked for me.  So the problem seems to be isolated to the appsuite webmail program that we access on our PC.  Crossing my fingers the the Advanced Team will get this sorted out asap.

New Poster

Re: Cannot move email to trash

Error

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot move email to trash

It's not under the gear icon for me. I cant seem to locate it but I know I'm not at the 10GB limit, not even close. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot move email to trash

When clicking on the trash folder I receive the following message:

 

Error

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Cannot move email to trash


@johnniesmith wrote:

When clicking on the trash folder I receive the following message:

 

Error

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

I've gotten that error once in a great while myself.  But it goes away by itself after a while.  Wait for a while, then sign out of the account and back in again.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot move email to trash

Well, it's all working for me again as designed, so the Top Guns must have fixed it this afternoon.  Anybody else still having issues?