Community Forum

Can we keep email if we no longer have Comcast service?

New Poster

Can we keep email if we no longer have Comcast service?

We are moving to an area that does not have Comcast available for internet or cable service. Can I keep my 2 comcast emails when we stop service?

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Can we keep email if we no longer have Comcast service?

You can continue to use your Comcast.net email addresses if you logged into each of them in the 90 day period prior to disconnecting your service. Each email address will remain active as long as you access it at least once every nine months.

See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-only-faqs
and https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-email-only

So far, there is no charge for this -- see https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet-Archive/does-it-cost-money-to-continue-email-once-xfinity-acc....

New Poster

My condo is switching Internet providers. I am a long-time Comcast subscriber and need to continue to use Comcast email. I know this is possible as long as I continue to access my Comcast email on a regular basis. My question: Will I be able to send, receive and store emails via my PC, or must I do so only on my phone, via an app? My emails and attachments are often comprehensive. Working with an app on my phone only will be nearly impossible.
Expert

@seagate1 wrote:
My condo is switching Internet providers. I am a long-time Comcast subscriber and need to continue to use Comcast email. I know this is possible as long as I continue to access my Comcast email on a regular basis. My question: Will I be able to send, receive and store emails via my PC, or must I do so only on my phone, via an app? My emails and attachments are often comprehensive. Working with an app on my phone only will be nearly impossible.

You can use your PC.  I suggest using an email client so your emails will be stored on your computer.  However, if you do that make sure that you log in to webmail from time to time in order to keep the connection.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have had Comcast for TV/internet/phone for a very long time and I am changing my provider in the next few days, but I thought I had to still keep my internet with Comcast to keep my Comcast address..... so I'm delighted to discover (from poking around online this morn) that I can actually keep my address even if I change internet providers. A few questions about that, though...... 1.) Do I need to tell Comcast that I'm doing that? 2.) When they say the email account/address has to be accessed within 90 days of stopping service and you have to continue to access it, do they mean on their website?? I use that email address every day, but I access it on my MacMail on my desktop and rarely go to the Comcast website... although I could do that from time to time if need be. 3.) Will I still have access to my account/username if I stop my service.... and if not, how would I access my email on their site if that's what is required?!  Thanks for input.

Official Employee

1. As long as your email is activate at the time of cancellation, which is defined as have accessed your email within 90 days. It will automatically convert to an "email only" mailbox. There is no need to notify Comcast that you want to keep your email. Of course, you will need to notify us of a change in billing services.  
  2. You do not have to use webmail, as long as your phone, mac mail, or another client is checking email that will count as activity.
  3. You will utilize your same username and password to access email. 

Hopefully, this helps! 

I have had Comcast for TV/internet/phone for a very long time and I am changing my provider in the next few days, but I thought I had to still keep my internet with Comcast to keep my Comcast address..... so I'm delighted to discover (from poking around online this morn) that I can actually keep my address even if I change internet providers. A few questions about that, though...... 1.) Do I need to tell Comcast that I'm doing that? 2.) When they say the email account/address has to be accessed within 90 days of stopping service and you have to continue to access it, do they mean on their website?? I use that email address every day, but I access it on my MacMail on my desktop and rarely go to the Comcast website... although I could do that from time to time if need be. 3.) Will I still have access to my account/username if I stop my service.... and if not, how would I access my email on their site if that's what is required?!  Thanks for input.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!