Community Forum

Can’t send emails

New Poster

Can’t send emails

I have no problems receiving emails or logging into my comcast account, but when I try to send or reply to an email I get an error message saying “ can’t send-either username or password is incorrect “. I’m pretty tech savvy, I retyped my password into my devices and still can’t send an email. I can log into my online account no problem, my username and password work fine there. Had the email account a long time and this issue started after someone tried hacking me. I reset everything then, updated my devices but months later still can’t simply compose an email. 

Official Employee

Re: Can’t send emails

Are you using OSX (I believe there are two places to update your password in Mac Mail)?  Are you able to login via webmail and send messages that way?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Can’t send emails

@Sherryt9650 wrote:

I have no problems receiving emails or logging into my comcast account, but when I try to send or reply to an email I get an error message saying “ can’t send-either username or password is incorrect “. I’m pretty tech savvy, I retyped my password into my devices and still can’t send an email. I can log into my online account no problem, my username and password work fine there. Had the email account a long time and this issue started after someone tried hacking me. I reset everything then, updated my devices but months later still can’t simply compose an email. 

If you are using an iOS device, as Comcast AntiSpam asked, ------------------

In iOS, you need to set the password in two places------for the incoming server, and then again for the outgoing SMTP server. Did you do that? If not, to change it for the SMTP server;

In iOS 11 go to "Settings" on the home screen, then scroll down to"Accounts & Passwords", click on the account, and then on the next screen tap the "account" again. Scroll down to "SMTP" and tap that. Then tap "smtp.comcast.net" again. On the next screen, tap "smtp.comcst.net", and you will see the password. Change it and then tap "Done" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!