Community Forum

Can't open Email

Frequent Visitor

Re: connection

To answer the other questions

Which browser/version do you use? answer in my reply above

Which version of XfinityConnect are you using?  (To check: Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences, and then click on General.  A window will open showing you which version is checked)  Full version

Have you tried accessing your email with a different browser; such as Firefox or Chrome?  I'm using FF

Do you also use an email client?  Which one/version?  NO

Frequent Visitor

I added a reply with the answers to those questions.

As far as logging out, I haven't kept track of exact times, but I would say every 8 hours or so.  And when I click "email" from the main screen, it opens a new window too.   This has been going on for at least 6 months, and I had replied in the other thread regarding this issue.  No one's replied in that thread for about 2 months.

New Poster

Re: E-mail does not work properly,

My husband is having the same issue with his email. I can access it from my laptop, but he can't open anything. This does needto be resolved. I called customer service and they can't help...any ideas???
id the deleting/ clearing the cache/ system restore and nothing works..

New Poster

Re: Please solve ASAP!

It is a little icon that looks like a torn piece of paper.  It cleared my spiinnig circle problem right away.

New Poster

Re: Please solve ASAP!

The only thing that worked for me was to uninstall the upgrade to Internet Explorer (version 10) and revert back to version 9.  Hopefully Comcast will catch up soon so that Xfinity email will work with the latest IE version. 

New Poster

Re: Cannot get past "XC Preview Window"

Also experienced same problem of not being able to read any email; the infinity circle appears and never ends. I did try the Compatability view under Tools and everything now A OK. 3/18/2013.  Score negative points for Microsoft updates

New Poster

email

my email will not open!

New Poster

Can't load my email when I click on it

When I either try to open the entire email list or double click a message, it goes to the next screen and sits there saying "loading" but never loads.

New Poster

Yes, Compatibility View under Tools did the job! Thanks for sharing.  Comcast totally unable to help on this.

Regular Visitor

Where is the tool icon?

Regular Visitor

where is the tool icon?

Contributor

Re: Can't open Email

THE FIX WORKED FOR ME! I too lost the ability to get into my comcast email today.  Endless blue circle...I spent 10 hours calling comcast, Toshiba, a friend, researching the internet, running virus scans, etc.  This site contained my SOLUTION.  I clicked on tools on the top right of my computer screen and then clicked "compatability view" and a check mark appeared next to it.  Then I was able to access my email!   MIRACLE!  I understand I might have to do this again in future when by brower cache is cleared out but now I know where to look.  I am disgusted with Comcast. I pay them $2,500/year for internet, tv and phone and they wanted me to sign up for an expensive monthly service to help me.  It was one quick fix and I bet they do not even know that!  GOOD LUCK to all of you.

New Poster

Thank You for posting!!!!! I have been going crazy anc Comcast just said it was a site issue-until every other computer in my house worked EXCEPT MINE-Thanks so much!!!

Frequent Visitor

I too pay comcast a hugh sum a year, and early on, I couldn't get a fix. Unfortunately, I had to pay a technician to solve my problem.  However, in the various replies I am reading a remedy seems rather easy.  I am currently on Windows 7.  I have the tool icon up in the right hand corner, but there isn't any compatibility choice to check.  Is is under another heading, i.e. internet option, or what. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Email connection

if you're using windows 7 internet explorer go to your email account where you're having the problem and click on the the icon in the http:// box that looks like a broken sheet of paper next to the address bar arrow.  if that doesn't work try using another browser like google chrome or safari to see if you can open your email with a different browser.  it worked for me.  good luck! 

New Poster

Tool icon is upper left between Favorites and Help when you have your browser open.  Just get as far as you can, then click Tools, and then Compatibility View.  Hope they get this fixed for everyone soon!

New Poster

Unable to open e-mail

I'm having a problem for a few days now of not being able to read my e-mails.  I can click on "view entire box" and it keeps circling and never opening them.  Can you help?

New Poster

Re: Unable to open e-mail

Unable to open e-mail.

New Poster

I used the torn paper icon and it worked. Thankyou Thankyou.

Regular Visitor

I did, too. Thanks for helping me -- the torn paper icon is a good description--found it!

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. I am using Windows 7 Pro x64  and Internet Explorer 10

The link you posted does display the email windows but like you I would like to have the other view.

Thanks for putting up the link.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Problems opening Xfinity Email Page

Obviously Comcast doesn't have a clue either ( or maybe doesn't care). I have spoken to tech support twice and both times didn't get an answer that meant anything. This problem has been plaguing me for over a year. I will move to another supplier as soon as one is available.

New Poster

Re: Can't open my email inbox

Can not open my Email box when I click on to read full email it is not connecting'

New Poster

I TRIED EMMYLU1998'S FIX AND IT WORKED. THANKS EMMYLU

New Poster

Thanks, Comcast Ken!  Switching to the compatibility view worked.  Will this be permanent?

Gold Problem Solver

Windows Updates released Internet Explorer Version 10 recently.

Microsoft has added Comcast.net as one of the domains for Compatibility view, so IE10 should automatically switch to Compatibility mode when using the Xfinity website.

If you still cannot access your email, and have updated to Version 10 to use as your browser:

Make sure to Compatibility View in IE Ver. 10 under Tools is enabled.

New Poster

email page will not load

After I sign in to my comcast email and click "email" to go to the read email page my computer goes to :

http://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail#1 with the blue dots circling and the page never loads.

I can read the email fine on my tables but the computer doesn't ever connect.

I did restart my computer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cathy

cmosca@comcast.net

New Poster

Re: email page will not load

For 24 hours my comcast emails will not load ; blue dots circles forever. My emails connot be read.

Home page indicates I have emails unread. What is the problem?

Silver Problem Solver
Regular Visitor

Having this problem myself for several days.  Finally stumbled on a fix I haven't seen mentioned above. I have Windows7 and IE9. What worked for me was to UNCHECK ActiveX Filtering under Tools. Don't know what ramifications this might have on anything else but we'll see. The Comcast rep I spoke to last week said she hadn't heard of this problem with IE9, only with IE8 & 10.  I've been expecting a call back with a solution. Meanwhile this seems to be working for me.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the EXACT same problem tonight!  And my other computer works fine.

New Poster

Email won't work and COMCAST IS EXPENSIVE !

I can't read my email. It won't open. I can see them and click on them, then the circle just goes round and round and they won't open. It's been days. What can I do? Susienews

New Poster

Email

I can see my email but cannot open it.  The circle goes round and round but will not open my mail.  What is wrong with it and I need it fixed where as this is a Fire Department email. Thanks, Carolyn Thomas

New Poster

Re: Email

Can't open my e-mails.

New Poster

I can see my email but CANNOT open it. The circle goes around and around, but will not open my email. I would like this fixed please. Thanks Gloria

Gold Problem Solver

Cchrispher- EDIT your post & REMOVE your email address. Before it is harvested by spammers. Click on Options in your pst, then click on EDIT REPLY.

ALL- READ THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD!!!

CC
New Poster

Re: Comcast customer support websites unreachable.

I cannot open emails since Windows 7 udated.

New Poster

Everyone I have found a fix for not being able to open e-mails.Comcast has the problem not you or your computer.Just go to the address bar and click on the icon that shows a piece of paper torn in half.It's just to the left of the refresh icon.I also changed my browser to firefox but that still did not let me open my mail until I clicked on this icon.

New Poster

Clicking the "broken page" icon worked! Thank you!
New Poster

email will not open

after I sign in, my e-mail box will not open just keep getting the little circle going round

New Poster

email

My email won't open I continue to get the little circle going round and round.

New Poster

Re: email will not open

I am having the same problem

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: email will not open

Me too.

New Poster

Re: why can't i open my email???

I can see the emails and delete them, but I can't open them or get into the inbox

New Poster

Can login to mail but can't view

I can login into email account but if I open an item or the inbox.  The infinite spinning symbol comes up and never displays item or contents of inbox.  It has been like this all day today.  My primary mail id works fine.  This does not seem to be connection issue.

Micky1945

Gold Problem Solver

Re: why can't i open my email???

ALL- READ THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD!!!

Regular Visitor

Re: Can login to mail but can't view

This has been happening to me also but it started this weekend - happened all day yesterday and is still continuing

New Poster

Re: Can login to mail but can't view

Same thing for me ,

I can read the first page but when i try to view entire box it puts up the blue circle

pete

New Poster

I have windows 8 in 2 computers and one gets in with no problem the other cannot. Both are using IE 10 and I downloaded another browser and that did not work. I set both computers side by side and all of the mail and browser setting are the same. Nether Microsoft or HP could find a problem, they feel it has to do with the Comcast server. I have accessed it at www.comcast.net and it changes it to http://xfinity.comcast.net on both computers.  

Micky1945

New Poster

Re: why can't I open my email???

Ok,

This is serious need to access my E-mail.  I can get in but when I try to compose or access my entire box I get the blue spinning circle?

Pete