Community Forum

Can't delete emails or empty trash

Regular Visitor

Can't delete emails or empty trash

I can't delete emails as I keep getting an error message that says: Error

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.
Then, I tried to empty trash and it won't load the messages and therefore I can't delete them.  I get an error message saying: An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.  Ugh.
My mailbox is only 10% full.

Expert

Re: Can't delete emails or empty trash

Call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account.  They should be able to sort this out for you---------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Did this issue end up getting resolved via Security Support? Is that the correct step? --- Having the same issue.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue, too. My mailbox usually is around 3GB in size, but on Tuesday evening it suddenly said my mailbox was full. I check the trash can and found 190,000 emails in there! I never have that much, and while browsing found hundreds of copies of the same emails. Emptying the trash can looks like it works, but if I switch to the Inbox and then back to the trash can it's full again. Calling Comcast support has been useless so far, and I'm heading into my third day with no new emails.

Come on, Comcast - you're killing me!

Regular Visitor

Actually, the day after posting this, I logged into my account and the situation was back to normal.  I don't know why.