Community Forum

Can't attach files to e-mail

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can't attach files to e-mail

Why did Comcast do away with file attachment to e-mails? This is a basic requirement for e-mail. I'm trying to attach an important file to a reply. I click "attachment" like I'm supposed to, but I don't get routed to my computer's file folders. Instead, it just shows me the attachment that came with the e-mail. I have to attach and send back a scanned, signed contract by COB today. How am I supposed to do that if Comcast no longer allows e-mail attachments???? I have spent hours trying to find out how to attach my file to the e-mail, and the command simply no longer exists. Whose bright idea was this?

Expert

Re: Can't attach files to e-mail

wrote:

Why did Comcast do away with file attachment to e-mails? This is a basic requirement for e-mail. I'm trying to attach an important file to a reply. I click "attachment" like I'm supposed to, but I don't get routed to my computer's file folders. Instead, it just shows me the attachment that came with the e-mail. I have to attach and send back a scanned, signed contract by COB today. How am I supposed to do that if Comcast no longer allows e-mail attachments???? I have spent hours trying to find out how to attach my file to the e-mail, and the command simply no longer exists. Whose bright idea was this?

Are you clicking on the Reply arrow first?  I had no problem attaching a file in the Reply Compose window.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.