Community Forum

Can Xfinity Be Deleted Then Reinstalled?

Contributor

Can Xfinity Be Deleted Then Reinstalled?

Xfinity Support has proven unable to resolve my complaint--Hyperlinks unworkable on incoming messages but workable when I send the message to Trash. After Support attempted to place the blame on Microsoft, I even purchased a new computer, thus changing from Windows 7 to 10. But the problem reappeared as soon as I opened Infinity on the new computer and before I installed Chrome or anything else.. The problen can only be Xfinitiy's connection to me. Question: Can Xfinity be deleted then reinstalled? Would that help?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can Xfinity Be Deleted Then Reinstalled?

Are you talking about the Webmail interface? What browser are you using? Win7 only had Internet Explorer, but Win10 has both IE and Edge. You can also try using Firefox or Chrome or Opera.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

https://www.google.com/chrome/

http://www.opera.com/

Contributor

My previous computer with Win7 had IE but I mostly used Chrome. Both had the problem, Deleting and restoring Chrome did not rresolve it. Numerous Xfinity Support agents walked me through many numerous selection options that I doubt I can ever find again. Nothing worked. My new computer has Win10 and came with Edge but problem appeared using

edge and  when first hooked up to the modem, before I installed any programs.. We then installed Chrome, and it also has the prob. Xfinity Support agreed that the problem cannot be with the browser. By process of elimination, it has to be Xfinity itself. I suggested deleting and reinstalling Xfinity to several of the agents I talked to, but no one picked up on it. So now I am wondering if it is an option I should pursue, whether doing that might correct whatever is wrong.

Expert

@Pabloburns wrote:

My previous computer with Win7 had IE but I mostly used Chrome. Both had the problem, Deleting and restoring Chrome did not rresolve it. Numerous Xfinity Support agents walked me through many numerous selection options that I doubt I can ever find again. Nothing worked. My new computer has Win10 and came with Edge but problem appeared using

edge and  when first hooked up to the modem, before I installed any programs.. We then installed Chrome, and it also has the prob. Xfinity Support agreed that the problem cannot be with the browser. By process of elimination, it has to be Xfinity itself. I suggested deleting and reinstalling Xfinity to several of the agents I talked to, but no one picked up on it. So now I am wondering if it is an option I should pursue, whether doing that might correct whatever is wrong.

There isn't any way to do that.  Using the webmail interface isn't the same as using an email client.

Speaking of email clients, have you considered using one?  That would probably eliminate your problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I have no idea what an email client is but will ask my daughter and grandson. As long as I do not have to change email addresses I am willing to try anything. If I have to change it may be easier to change servers..

Contributor

I received a message saying that there is a reply on this forum asking if my problem was resolved. I can't find that message, but the answer is no. My incoming-mail hyperlinks continue to be gray rather than blue,  and to have horizonal cross-out lines through them