Community Forum

Bypassing 2 factor by calling in and impersonating

New Poster

Bypassing 2 factor by calling in and impersonating

For 2 out of the last 3 nights someone has reset my password late in the evening around 11pm and I have not received a 2 factor authentication authorization. When I wake up I receive an email at my backup email address that my password was changed. They then tried to forward my email to a new address, and forwarded my home phone.  I was able to fix everything, but then it happened again. The only way I know this could happen is if they know my SSN and service address (which is possible since my info was part of breech at equifax) and they are calling Xfinity support and providing this info and getting them to change my password while bypassing the 2 factor authentication. I found in the archives that this has happened to other people.  Why doesn't Xfinity increase their security and ask much more questions before resetting passwords, because SSN and address are no where near sufficient. They should be asking my secret question at a minimum, and probably 2 or 3 other things for better security.  This is incredibly frustrating because there is nothing I can do to fix this, <edited for violating forum guidelines>

Thanks

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Bypassing 2 factor by calling in and impersonating

@edirst,

Thank you so much for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. We sincerely apologize that you have been experiencing difficulties with your account. In this instance, we definitely recommend that you contact our Customer Security Assurance team directly at 1-888-565-4329. 

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Bypassing 2 factor by calling in and impersonating

I have called security on multiple equations and waited on hold for a total of 4+ hours across 3 separate calls and I was never able to speak to someone. How about they call me instead of me waiting on hold for hours?