Community Forum

Android email folders missing since web email upgrade

New Poster

Android email folders missing since web email upgrade

Ever since xfinity made changes to the email web portal, my personal folders are missing in the android email app. I can send and receive mail, but I cant see mail in folders other than inbox, sent, drafts, etc. The folders are all there at the web portal. I have already deleted the account in android, changed the settings(imap) but still nothing. The xfinity help person told me to carry my laptop with me all the time... what a great suggestion, but that is NOT the answer. Another one told me to install the xfinity app, but I dont want to install another app just to look at the folders. Anything else I should try? Thanks.

New Poster

Re: Android email folders missing since web email upgrade

I figured it out!! I was helping a friend set up his COMCAST email on the web portal, and I went to Settings>Accounts>E-Mail>edit

there the setting for: Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.email.comcast.net

this setting was changed when COMCAST (XFINITY) changed the email portal. Either their "TECHS" don't know or do not want to tell that this setting was changed. On their help page: (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email)

It clearly says: (STILL they have NOT changed it) Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net

It seems unveliebable to me that this simple setting is not known by anyone. All they tell you is: "Delete the account and set it up again". Of course it does not work!!

Good luck!!

Expert

Re: Android email folders missing since web email upgrade

@soteloconsult wrote:

I figured it out!! I was helping a friend set up his COMCAST email on the web portal, and I went to Settings>Accounts>E-Mail>edit

there the setting for: Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.email.comcast.net

this setting was changed when COMCAST (XFINITY) changed the email portal. Either their "TECHS" don't know or do not want to tell that this setting was changed. On their help page: (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email)

It clearly says: (STILL they have NOT changed it) Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net

It seems unveliebable to me that this simple setting is not known by anyone. All they tell you is: "Delete the account and set it up again". Of course it does not work!!

Good luck!!

It was noted here in January.  I guess if you call support or chat they may not know it.  However, I was recently told that at some point in time the setting will revert back to imap.comcast.net, but I will believe that when I see it.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.