Community Forum

Android Email no longer working with Comcast Server

New Poster

Android Email no longer working with Comcast Server

Since the update, I can no longer create email accounts for comcast on my android device. 

The issue started with my PC email no longer syncing with my Android phone email. I would access and clean up my email on my PC but they would never update on my phone like previously. My phone kept showing about 100 emails that I already had removed from my PC earlier. This issue started over the last week.

I deleted the email account on my Android phone device and went to reset up the Comcast IMAP account email.

=======

Incoming Server:

IMAP Server:  imap.comcast.net

Security: SSL

Port: 143

=======

Outgoing Server

SMTP Server: smtp.comcast.net

Security: SSL

Port: 587

===

Error receiving: Username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isnt turned on for this account. Check account settings or contact your service provider.

Username or password isnt the issue as I have verified all on Comcast Webmail as correct. And as for "contact service provider"... I talked to 4 different individuals at comcast...each one progressivly worse than the previous. Each one escalated to the next level, however I believe the technical expertise of each person I talked to went down with each escalation.

I have 4 other Comcast email accounts still accessing my server email on my Android phone correctly... so I wont be touching those any time soon.

Contributor

Re: Android Email no longer working with Comcast Server

IMAP port should be 993 and SMTP port should be 465.

Everything else looks correct.

Expert

Incoming server
Server type: IMAP
Server name: imap.email.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 993

Outgoing server
Server name: smtp.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 465
Authentication: As incoming mail server

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Negotive... imap.email.comcast.net fails to work as well.

Official Employee

Please be advised that the correct setting for IMAP connections is imap.comcast.net.

While imap.email.comcast.net will work at the moment, it is not an official setting and will become unavailable in the future. Once that is removed it will cause issues for anyone using this setting.

The correct settings for IMAP can be found here How do I manually set up IMAP?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!