Community Forum

Android Email no longer working with Comcast Server

Highlighted
New Poster

Android Email no longer working with Comcast Server

Since the update, I can no longer create email accounts for comcast on my android device. 

The issue started with my PC email no longer syncing with my Android phone email. I would access and clean up my email on my PC but they would never update on my phone like previously. My phone kept showing about 100 emails that I already had removed from my PC earlier. This issue started over the last week.

I deleted the email account on my Android phone device and went to reset up the Comcast IMAP account email.

=======

Incoming Server:

IMAP Server:  imap.comcast.net

Security: SSL

Port: 143

=======

Outgoing Server

SMTP Server: smtp.comcast.net

Security: SSL

Port: 587

===

Error receiving: Username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isnt turned on for this account. Check account settings or contact your service provider.

Username or password isnt the issue as I have verified all on Comcast Webmail as correct. And as for "contact service provider"... I talked to 4 different individuals at comcast...each one progressivly worse than the previous. Each one escalated to the next level, however I believe the technical expertise of each person I talked to went down with each escalation.

I have 4 other Comcast email accounts still accessing my server email on my Android phone correctly... so I wont be touching those any time soon.

Contributor

Re: Android Email no longer working with Comcast Server

IMAP port should be 993 and SMTP port should be 465.

Everything else looks correct.

Expert

Incoming server
Server type: IMAP
Server name: imap.email.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 993

Outgoing server
Server name: smtp.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 465
Authentication: As incoming mail server

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Negotive... imap.email.comcast.net fails to work as well.

Problem Solver

Please be advised that the correct setting for IMAP connections is imap.comcast.net.

While imap.email.comcast.net will work at the moment, it is not an official setting and will become unavailable in the future. Once that is removed it will cause issues for anyone using this setting.

The correct settings for IMAP can be found here How do I manually set up IMAP?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

As of 11am 11/8/2018 my email on Android phone stopped syncing with Comcast email server.  Going into settings everything looks good, hit DONE, get message cannot synce with email server.  I have no issues getting to email from my laptop and both over the same WiFi.

Phone cannot even connect over wireless.

Not sure what else to do. Have reset phone, have stopped wireless and restarted wireless...nothing works

Update 8am 11/9:

I changed my settings to only Sync over the wireless and started getting my emails... seems like an issue between the phone WiFi and my Router

New Poster

I am having 2 issues.  I can't receive or send emails on my samsung phone with comcast wifi.  When I am home and turn off wifi on my phone, I am able to receive emails, but still not send.  This thread helped me figure out the server settings, so I was able to at least receive emails, but still can't send. Help! 

New Poster

I have the same problem. My email works fine on an ipad and laptop, but it no longer works on my LG android phone. I tried deleting account and readding it and I can add it back now.

New Poster

Nevermind. I tried to add the comcast email account to my LG phone one more time and this time it worked. It appears I can send and receive emails.

New Poster

Having the same connection problem. Spent 2 hours, 34 min on phone with Comcast. They insist it's not on their side. Any suggestions as to what to do next?
Official Employee

Hi @sugaplumjo

Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. If you are still having issues after following the steps provided by @CCBrett, please send me a private message with your first and last name and the name of the account holder, and the phone number associated with the account. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!