Community Forum

An old email account

Highlighted
New Poster

An old email account

I would like to retrieved an old email account I had with comcast

Expert

Re: An old email account

Did you try to sign into it?  Do you still have the user ID and password for it?  Was it simply abandoned, or did you delete it?  How long has it been inactive?  

New Poster

All i can remember ic the Email, it's been along time

Expert

OK, you need to clarify the situation---------were you a Comcast customer a long time ago, then left and are now a Comcast customer again?  Or have you always been a customer and just didn't use the email account for a long time or what?  How long are you talking about?

Frequent Visitor

I checked my account page and the email listed there was one I had for years . I abandonded it when I transferred to Comcast and their email about 3 years ago. I didn't close the old email because I didn't have a clue how to do that. I still get mail on my iphone from that account. On my account page it is now listed as my preferred account, which it isn't. I want it to be no account. I edited and deleted it from my account page and entered my Comcast user name and email. They would not accept my comcast email for my personal account so I guess I'll have to find another account which I don't use and enter it there. By the way, My Comcast email was working fine until I upgraded my iphone yesterday.

I also have another problem. It's the popups that come on the page when I click to go to another page or answer questions. I hate them with a passion. I don't have a clue about them except to open in another page or tab , the saving feature. How can I stop that from happening? I am now going to try to get into my email again. I don't think it will work because I don't have a personal email listed now. I do have my comcast email listed as my preferred account.

New Poster

I abandonded the old email when i left Comcast,I forgot how long it as been I think about 4 or 5 years. I have return to Comcast with a new email, but I would like to check on that old email how can i do that??

Expert

@80gmasophie-------------------

"I abandoned it when I transferred to Comcast and their email about 3 years ago." 

Where did you transfer the old email from?  Do you mean a former ISP or some other email provider like Yahoo or something?  Or do you mean an older Comcast address or what?  No, you can't use another Comcast email address as the "personal" address on the  My Account page.  It is actually a recovery address Comcast could contact you at in the event something evil was to happen to your Comcast account.  So for security reasons, it needs to be a non-Comcast email address.

So, exactly what happens when you try to sign into the Comcast account?  Are you getting any error message?

Expert

@doggone610 wrote:

I abandonded the old email when i left Comcast,I forgot how long it as been I think about 4 or 5 years. I have return to Comcast with a new email, but I would like to check on that old email how can i do that??

When a user ID (that part of the email address to the left of the @ symbol) is changed or deleted, it is suspended for 90 days, and then released back into the pool of available IDs for any Comcast customer that wants to claim it.   That long ago if you discontinued your service with Comcast, the address would have ceased functioning after the 90 day period.  If you wanted to, you could try re-using the old address as a secondary account if no one else is using it.  But there won't be any old emails in it.  You can try calling Comcast security to see if they can look at it, but I seriously doubt there will be anything there.

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

New Poster

Okay thank you that help

Frequent Visitor

This answer helped me somewhat. Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Is an ISP a server? Then At&t was the server I transferred from. I think it was a Yahoo account. Yes, I am not a very bright internet user.

I Like things simple like the internet used to be. I believe it is more catering to businesses rather than 89year olds. And that is understandable because it is more profitable.

Frequent Visitor

I forgot to tell you that my email is working fine again. I think the problem in MY ACCOUNT info they had this old account listed as my preferred account. After I changed it to my comcast account it started working again. I don't know if that was the reason it worked or something I said was fixed by a technician reading the email. I am just happy it is working. Thanks to whoever fixed it.

Expert

@80gmasophie wrote:

Is an ISP a server? Then At&t was the server I transferred from. I think it was a Yahoo account.---------------------------------------------------

ISP=Internet Service Provider   

It's any companay or entity that provides you with your actual internet connection,.  Examples would be Comcast, Verizon, Bell South, Cox, AT&T and so on. Glad you got the issue sorted out.

New Poster

help is this owi post aquestion

Frequent Visitor

I abandoned it two years ago because I didn't know how to delete it.

I have to stop now because I have not tried to open it for a long time. I also have an email address I was locked out of so I abandoned that one also. I actually used it on Facebook a couple of years until they found out it was not valid because I could not get into it. Locked out.

So Facebook dropped me

New Poster

How do I recover a deleted email account?

New Poster

I am a Comcast customer and the account was dormant for more than a year.

Expert

@Kyron13 wrote:

I am a Comcast customer and the account was dormant for more than a year.

You need to clarify--------the account had been deleted, or you just didn't use it for a year?  Have you been a Comcast customer that whole time?

Frequent Visitor

I stopped using the account after I transferred from my AT&T server to Comcast two years ago.

I did not know how to close the account so just stopped using it.

It does not say on my email website with Comcast how to close the account. I searched all over for it but could not find it.

Expert

@80gmasophie wrote:

I stopped using the account after I transferred from my AT&T server to Comcast two years ago.

I did not know how to close the account so just stopped using it.

It does not say on my email website with Comcast how to close the account. I searched all over for it but could not find it.

This is really confusing.  Are you trying to close a Comcast email account or one from AT&T or Yahoo or what?

New Poster

I used the chat services to reestablish my deleted account.

Thanks,..,,.