Community Forum

All of my emails disappeared after a "Quota at 100%" email from postmaster@comcast.net

Highlighted
New Poster

All of my emails disappeared after a "Quota at 100%" email from postmaster@comcast.net

Hello, 

I have tried online chat session but they were unable to help me. I received an email from postmaster@comcast.net with the title Quota Warning - 100% and all of my previous emails are gone. Meaning I had a thousand emails prior to 1:40 PM MT today and now I only have the ones recieved since then. I have my files and the emails in the files. I have checked my deleted email folder and nothing is in there and nothing in my spam folder. I need my old emails back please. I understand I need to delete some of them, but I don't think deleting all of my existing emails is an appropriate response to having a full inbox.

Amy

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: All of my emails disappeared after a "Quota at 100%" email from postmaster@comcast.net

Can you confirm if the emails are also missing on xfinity.com? I checked and it shows that you have over 100,000 emails in the mailbox

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: All of my emails disappeared after a "Quota at 100%" email from postmaster@comcast.net

Yes, I still can't see anything dated prior to the postmaster email. Suggestions?

Thank you for getting back to me.

Amy

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Amy

Did you get any resolution on this?  I have started another thread today that all my emails in my inbox and my trash folder are missing before the date of 3/20/20.  I just noticed this today so I don't know how long they have been gone.

I replied to the comcast support but have not heard back from anyone on what to do next.

Good luck

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

100k emails, that's absurd!

Highlighted
New Poster

this happened to me several days ago, nothing on my computer or xfinity web site, where did the emails go, I have lost a ton of very important stuff