Community Forum

Adjusting Column Width in Email Listing

Regular Contributor

Adjusting Column Width in Email Listing

I seem to remember being able to adjust the column widths in an email list , i.e. date, from, subject , etc. similar to the way you can manually adjust the column width in an Excel spreadsheet - not able to do it now , is there a new way to accomplish this ??

Expert

Re: Adjusting Column Width in Email Listing

You should be able to click and drag the vertical line on either side of the Inbox message list.  Put your mouse pointer on one of them then click, hold and drag it back and forth.  It works OK for me.  

Regular Contributor

thanks Latoque but I don't have any vertical lines ???

Expert

How are you accessing your email?  Can you see the folders pane to the left of the screen, the message list and then the reading pane?  Or are you using the Horizontal or List view?  I can't see whatever you are looking at.  I use the Vertical view and I put this little Youtube video up as my first try at posting on Youtube.  Click on either the play arrow or the title of the video at the top----------------

Expert

How are you accessing your email?  Can you see the folders pane to the left of the screen, the message list and then the reading pane?  Or are you using the Horizontal or List view?  I can't see whatever you are looking at.

Expert

@Latoque, just for reference, in List View there are no lines to adjust except between the folders and the List.  With no headers now [From, Date, etc] there's nothing to adjust.  Looked in Chrome, IE, SeaMonkey, Safari, and has never been in FF.  [This is in appsuite.]

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

@Again wrote:

@Latoque, just for reference, in List View there are no lines to adjust except between the folders and the List.  With no headers now [From, Date, etc] there's nothing to adjust.  Looked in Chrome, IE, SeaMonkey, Safari, and has never been in FF.  [This is in appsuite.]

Looks like we cross-posted.  Check out the video I posted.  Smiley Wink

Expert

I can move the column between the folders and the list, but not the right hand side.  However, I definitely appreciate the video because it helped me a lot.

Thanks  Smiley Happy

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Expert

@Again wrote:

I can move the column between the folders and the list, but not the right hand side.  However, I definitely appreciate the video because it helped me a lot.

Thanks  Smiley Happy

I'm curious-----did you try with a different browser?

Regular Contributor

Here's more information - I'm using Windows 10 , Edge browser , & virus protection with Windows Defender - I view my email with Xfinity/Comcast using "List" view , folders are hidden and Ads on the right of the screen are suppressed - going left to right I see the following , checky box, envelope, From, topic , file size, & date - the reason I posted the original question is because sometimes the "topic" is so long that it gets cut off as it runs into file size - typically there's lots of room between "From" and topic and so I wondered if I could slide "topic" to the left but it looks like I can't .

I think for the most part the new Xfinity is a better product but in the olden days Smiley Happy I seem to recall that adjacent email fields could be adjusted - it might be good for Xfinity to think about restoring that capability, just a thought .

And again I do think the new improved Xfinity email experience is better !!

Expert

@Latoque wrote:

@Again wrote:

Thanks  Smiley Happy

I'm curious-----did you try with a different browser?

I did, Latoque.  Mentioned it in a previous post.