Community Forum

Address book not working properly

New Poster

Address book not working properly

I created a new address book group called Camping 2018.  When I re-open my address book the new group is there.  But use the "TO" button on an e-mail the new group doesn't appear.  Also, I changed and saved an e-mail address.  I see the new address when I open my address book, but if I select it using the "TO" button, only the old address comes up.

Expert

Re: Address book not working properly

Does the group populate the To: field if you start typing the name of it?  As for the one you changed, when the address book is open. click on "Collected addresses" in the folders pane.  Locate the old address in there and delete it.  Then close out the account and sign back into it again.  Does that fix it?

New Poster

Re: Address book not working properly

No, the group doesn't come up with I use the "TO" button.  And my address book doesn't have folders in it, nor can I find a button that says "Collected Addresses."

Expert

Re: Address book not working properly


@brylaw wrote:

No, the group doesn't come up with I use the "TO" button.  And my address book doesn't have folders in it, nor can I find a button that says "Collected Addresses."


Not the To: button---the To: field where you type in a contact.  How are you accessing the email?  With only a computer and the webmail interface, or on a mobile device or what?  In the webmail UI you should see this when on the Address book landing page------------------------

 

Collected addresses.PNG

New Poster

Re: Address book not working properly

Also, I am working from my PC, not from a phone.  And the screen shot you posted looks nothing like mine.  I can't seem to post a screen print of my screen, but I found a picture a screen of the same type I see.

 

delete.JPG

Expert

Re: Address book not working properly

OK now I understand why you don't see what I do;  Comcast has, for the last two +years, been rolling out a new email format from a different vendor.  The old one, which is what you are looking at, is from Zimbra, and the address book is from Plaxo.  The new one is from Appsuite and so is the address book.  What I posted is the Appsuite version of the address book.  My information is that the migration is now about 98%+ complete.  So you are in that tiny remaining 2% still in the old system.  At some point, you will be migrated to the new one.

 

One of my accounts is still in the old system, and I tried an experiment based on your information;  I created a group in the address book and then tried to compose an email to the group.  I can see the group in the listing if I click on the "To:" button or start typing it into the field--the auto-fill shows it.  But when I  try to select it nothing happens.  I suspect this may not be fixable.  I am going to try and find out more about this.

Contributor

Re: Address book not working properly

I have the same problem. It started after May 29, 2018. I've posted two messages about it, but nobody has replied.

Official Employee

Re: Address book not working properly

@brylaw

It looks like something was stuck in your configuration. We've flushed all your tables and you should be good to go as far as the groups are concerned. For the TO address problem, if you are still having an issue can you send me a PM with the address in question so we can take a look?

 

@JohnH1

You are on the new email platform so your issue would not be the same. You should not be seeing the same thing as brylaw posted. Can you elaborate here, or PM if you like so I can investigate your specific issue further?

 

@Latoque 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

 

Brett