Community Forum

Address Book Access

Regular Visitor

Address Book Access

I am using firefox and get this message when I try to open my address book?  This is a recent problem.

There seems to be a problem. I'll tell you what... let us fix it and this can be our little secret. Please wait 30 seconds and try again.

403: Could not sign user in.

I can't get into my email address section

Expert

Re: Address Book Access

Try with a different browser and see if the same thing happens.

Regular Visitor

It does not happe when I use Internet Explorer.  It does not happen on my iPhone either.  Only when I use Firefox on my laptop.

Expert

OK then in Firefox, clear your cache and browsing history.  Then close it out and reopen it in a fresh session.  Also, are you running the most recent version of Firefox?  It's up to v59.0.1 (64-bit) now.

Regular Visitor

Yes that fixed it!  Thank you.  Very interesting on why this would fix it but it did!   

Expert

@csgeczy wrote:

Yes that fixed it!  Thank you.  Very interesting on why this would fix it but it did!   

Browsers are famous for causing all manner of problems if there is anything in the history or cache that gets broken, outdated, conflicting or maybe just cookies and TIFs that are expired.  It's not just Firefox;  they are all subject to the same thing.  That's why one of the first troubleshooting steps we try around here is to clear cache/history, even if only to eliminate it as the cause of the problem.  The giveaway in your situation was that you were unable to duplicate the same thing in another browser.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Clearing cache and history has not resolved. Failure occurs with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Both are up to date.

URL at time of failure points to https://calendar.comcast.net/ab/contactList/index?auth=done

Seems suspicious since Calendar was discontinued in January. Thoughts?  Thanks

Regular Visitor

I guess it’s similar to; when in doubt; reboot.
New Poster

Been there, done that.   Rebooting did not have any effect.

I saw another thread from earlier in the year that discussed problems with accessing address book due to migration to new email format. Response from Latoque was:

"Are you still in the old email format or the new one?  To tell, look at the URL in the address bar.  If it says Zimbra you are in the old one, if it says Appsuite you are in the new one.  If they migrated you to the new one your address book should have migrated along with the email."

My URL says https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail#1

Is it possible that I was "unmigrated" recently? Curiouser and curiouser.  Thanks

New Poster

Additional observation (in case it helps):

My email account is the primary, my wife is secondary. Her email URL shows "Appsuite", mine shows "Zimbra". I am definitely stuck on the old format and apparently was never migrated.

Expert

@berghp wrote:

Additional observation (in case it helps):

My email account is the primary, my wife is secondary. Her email URL shows "Appsuite", mine shows "Zimbra". I am definitely stuck on the old format and apparently was never migrated.

The old address book is provided by Plaxo.  If you are indeed still in the old format it should still work.  I have one account left in Zimbra and I can access that address book OK.  You used to be able to go directly to the Plaxo website and sign in from there if you were having a problem, but now their URL just redirects to the Xfinity homepage.

New Poster

Until recently, I was also able to access Address Book from the old format email, but it no longer works. Now I get the Oops ....403 error message. Address Book URL points to

https://calendar.comcast.net/ab/contactList/index?auth=done

From cmd prompt, I can successfully ping calendar.comcast.net which translates to calendar.plaxo.com   As you noted, that gets redirected to https://my.xfinity.com

If Address Book is still working for you, keep an eye on it. It may fail in the future.

Online chat/tech support has forwarded my problem. Thanks for your help.

Regular Visitor

Same problem here.