Community Forum

Adding mail account

Contributor

Adding mail account

I've added my gmail account.  Can I add my icloud account?

Expert

Re: Adding mail account

You can add pretty much any account you like, although I couldn't get my iCloud account to work in the Appsuite software.  But I have added accounts from Yahoo, MSN, Gmail, Mail.com, and of course other Comcast secondary accounts.  If you want to try manually configuring the iCloud account, the settings are here, but I couldn't get that to work either------------------------

https://www.lifewire.com/set-up-icloud-mail-imap-access-in-your-email-program-1172287

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I tried to add my icloud account, but it wouldn't accept it.  It shows as if it's there, but a message keeps popping up to saying I need to make changes.

How can I delete it from the list?

@Latoque wrote:

You can add pretty much any account you like, although I couldn't get my iCloud account to work in the Appsuite software.  But I have added accounts from Yahoo, MSN, Gmail, Mail.com, and of course other Comcast secondary accounts.  If you want to try manually configuring the iCloud account, the settings are here, but I couldn't get that to work either------------------------

Expert

@ericsmom wrote:

I tried to add my icloud account, but it wouldn't accept it.  It shows as if it's there, but a message keeps popping up to saying I need to make changes.

How can I delete it from the list?

@Latoque wrote:

To get rid of it, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Inbox page, then on Settings.  Right at the top of the left pane on the landing page, you will see "Accounts".  Click on that and you will see the accounts you have enabled so far.  To the right of the iCloud one, you should see a trashcan icon.  Click on that to delete it.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Talked to Xfinity and you can only add ONE other type of account (gmail, yahoo, icloud etc).  However, while trying to add icloud, it took it part way and left it hanging under my gmail account.  Now I keep getting a message telling me to edit the icloud account, but I can't find a way to go into it to make any changes or delete, which is driving me nuts because the pop-up keeps coming back.

The tech support person said it would go away when I logged out -- but no it didn't.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Expert

@ericsmom wrote:

Talked to Xfinity and you can only add ONE other type of account (gmail, yahoo, icloud etc).  However, while trying to add icloud, it took it part way and left it hanging under my gmail account.  Now I keep getting a message telling me to edit the icloud account, but I can't find a way to go into it to make any changes or delete, which is driving me nuts because the pop-up keeps coming back.

The tech support person said it would go away when I logged out -- but no it didn't.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

What happens if you try to do what I suggested upthread?  Are you not getting to the Accounts section?  Whoever you spoke to gave you bad information;  I have accounts in that section from Gmail, Mail.com, Comcast and Outlook.com (MSN)

Contributor

After talking to Xfinity, you can only add ONE outside account.

Now my problem is Xfinity tried to add the Icloud account and now it saying that I didn't finish it and wants me to revise -- I can't delete the unfinished account and Xfinity support told me if would be gone when I logged out and then back in -- but it's still t here.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Expert

@ericsmom wrote:

After talking to Xfinity, you can only add ONE outside account.

Now my problem is Xfinity tried to add the Icloud account and now it saying that I didn't finish it and wants me to revise -- I can't delete the unfinished account and Xfinity support told me if would be gone when I logged out and then back in -- but it's still t here.  Any suggestions?

Before we do anything else, I want to make sure we are talking about the same section on the Inbox page of your account.  Is this where you are talking about?------------------------

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 7.42.02 PM.jpg

Contributor

Yes.  This is where I tried to add the icloud account and where it started to add it and now I can't delete it.

Expert

To clarify------when you try to delete it when using the instructions I posted upthread-------is that when you get the message?  Can you see the account and the trash can icon?

Contributor

Please resend 'upthread'.

This message comes up several times while I'm working on my email.

Expert

@ericsmom wrote:

Please resend 'upthread'.

This message comes up several times while I'm working on my email.

This is the post I'm referring to--------------

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Adding-mail-account/m-p/3186660/highlight/true#M205...

Contributor

This was the one I tried and failed. But it left it partially there.

That's when I asked Xfinity and they told me you could only add one additional provider.

Expert

I have accounts in there from Gmail, Outlook.com, Mail.com and 5 Comcast accounts.  I have not encountered what you are describing, so I'm going to escalate this to the forum admins and get someone to look at your account.

Official Employee

Hi ericsmom, I can help look into this for you. Please send me a private with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I will, but I don't know how to send a private.

Expert

@ericsmom wrote:

I will, but I don't know how to send a private.

Click on ComcastPhil's name and you will see his profile, and the option to send a private message.

Official Employee

Hi ericsmom, thank you for working with me through private message and glad I was able to help get your icloud removed from your Comcast Email address.  

Please reach back out if you need assistance in the future.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.