Community Forum

Adding PayPal link as signature

Regular Visitor

Adding PayPal link as signature

I can't get my payPal link to show up at the bottom of my outgoing emails. In 'Preference', 'signatures', it shows I have added it but it still doesn't show up.

Expert

Re: Adding PayPal link as signature

Reading your post, I take it you are still in the old Zimbra format?  I still have my Primary account in that format.  I did some testing.  The paypal link I put in a signature shows up at the recipient's end when I send it to one of my secondary accounts, or those I have with iCloud, MSN, Yahoo or Gmail.  However, it is not a "live" clickable link.  However, when I check in any of the accounts in Mac Mail, the link is live.  Go figure.

That said, I tried the same link in the new Appsuite format, and it works just as it should.  The old format has long been wonky about using links, email addresses, phone numbers and a couple of other items in the signature block.  So if you really want to use the signature in the old format, try using a desktop client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail or some other.  In the meantime, know that at some point you will be migrated to the new format.

Regular Visitor

Thank you, thank you & thank you for getting back to me. I am a digital Neanderthal dragging my hairy knuckles across the keyboard. I am a 61 yr. old technophobe, not a 7 yr. old 2nd grader whose been writing code for 20 yrs. I don't know how to upgrade my Zimbra format but instinctivley wondered if that was the problem. The instructions I recieived from the tech in 'chat' showed different view from what I'm dealing with. I spoke in 'chat' twice, the phone once & a tech was dispatched to my home. He was not happy as this is not what he does! I gave up. Until now. If you would direct me to where I can drop the yoke of my old Zimbra, I should be fine from there. Thank you & all you folks who hang out here who help folks like me.

Expert

Well, I'm 68 and still learning!  There is nothing you can do to update your Comcast email.  You just wait for it to happen, and when it does it will be another learning curve for you as it looks a lot different.  More like an iCloud or Outlook.com account.  They have been migrating people over the last two years.  So hopefully it will happen for you soon.  As a peek for you, this is what the new format Inbox page looks like-----

New Format.jpg

Regular Visitor

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize you replied back on the 6th. I'm confused & disappointed that I have to wait & hope I'll get my zimbra updated. There's got to be something I can do. I pay enough for the service that I should be able to upgrade or whatever it takes to get my service functioning to its max.