Community Forum

Account Hacked

Highlighted
New Poster

Account Hacked

This morning I was unable to get to my email, U se Thunderbird and it was reporting my account password was invalid. So I ltried logging into Xfinty web mail and found my password was no longer working. I call comcast and after a lengthy conversation was suggested i change my password which I did. Upon receiving my new emails I had been sent a notice from Comcast confirming my new password at 3:08 on 10-15-2018. New password? I was in bed at that time and I did not ever change my password. I've spent some 2 houts in various forms of communications with Comcast / Xfinity today trying to report this. Most who I chatted with can barely speak or understand American English nor can I understand them. One suggested i actually changed my password, I did not. all I wanted to do was report this event to them. Was transferred to Customer Security Assurance Team and after 10 minutes the call was dropped by Comcast, got to listen to lots of music during that time. Very frustrating time with Comcast today.

Expert

Re: Account Hacked

Well, it looks like someone out there knows your password. 

To prevent any further unauthorized logins and changes, you need to enable Multi Factor Authentication for your account. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Account Hacked

gfiber - 

Thank you for posting to the forums, I'm sorry to hear about your account. I would have to agree with darkangelic - setting up Multi-Factor Authentication is the best way to secure your account. If you continue to experience issues after setting this up, please don't hesitate to send me a PM with your first and last name. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!