Community Forum

Accidentally changed username

Regular Visitor

Accidentally changed username

I accidentally changed a username on my account and am not able to get it back. I’ve researched the forum and found a solution to resolve my dilemma. I called customer service to create a CR ticket to recover my old username. However, customer service rep keeps referring me back to the website or App to change the username rather than recover it. Can someone from Comcast help me?
Expert

Re: Accidentally changed username

When a user ID (that part of the email address to the left of the @ symbol) is changed or deleted, it is suspended for 90 days, and then released back into the pool of available IDs for any Comcast customer that wants to claim it. But you can try calling Comcast security and see if they can reinstate it for you---------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello egamble41, thank you for using the Xfinity Forums for your question and I would like to see if I can get that back for you. Please send me a private message verifying your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement. To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I have to apologize for not responding sooner. I was out of the country. Anyhow, I did send you a private message and do look forward to resolving this issue.
Regular Visitor

Back in business. Thanks @ComcastShane for your support in retrieving and restoring one of my e-mail accounts.
Official Employee

Thank you and I'm happy I got this fixed for you. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.