Community Forum

Accidentally changed user name and / email address and want to change it back

New Poster

Accidentally changed user name and / email address and want to change it back

I thought I was changing my account user name only and did not realize it was also my email. I need to restore my email name asap as I use the account alot. I've called customer care and chat line but they could not remove the 90 day restriction on the user name. does nayone know who I can contact for assistance?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Accidentally changed user name and / email address and want to change it back

If an employee doesn't take care of this for you here, Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

New Poster

Re: Accidentally changed user name and / email address and want to change it back

Still do not have email back. I’ve tried this recommendation as well and no luck. Same answers and no call back to reset as promised 4 times now! I’ve had to tell 6 different people my issue spent hours on calls and still cannot get assstance. Completely horrible customer service experience!