Community Forum

Accept a Sender now Being Sent to SPAM Folder

Contributor

Accept a Sender now Being Sent to SPAM Folder

I enabled the SPAM filtering and e-mails are being sent to my SPAM folder.  But there are two or three senders being sent to SPAM, but I actually want to receive their e-mails.  I have clicked on the button for "Not SPAM' and I had hoped that Xfinity/Comcast's e-mail program would learn that these are accepted senders.  But no.  It keeps putting them into the SPAM Folder.  Isn't there a way to communcate to the program that these senders are "approved" by me and that I would like to receive their e-mails?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Accept a Sender now Being Sent to SPAM Folder

Comcast should offer a way to do that, but they don't.   Smiley Sad

Comcast Security Assurance can somtimes "unspam" a sender. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful so be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Otherwise the only thing you can do is turn off spam filtering completely so that everything they deliver is placed in the Inbox.

Contributor

My opinion: Xfinity/Comcast and this piece of garbage e-mail program they foisted on us over a year ago, are the biggest pieces of doo-doo of any service provider I have ever dealt with.

Official Employee

Were you able to resolve this?  If you send a PM to me with the email addresses of the senders, I can take a look and see what can be done to get those to your inbox.

Contributor

No I was not able to resolve this.  How do I PM you?

Gold Problem Solver

@Havanaiwrote: ... How do I PM you?

Click the "ComcastAntiSpam" UserID in the employee's message and then "Private Message Me" on their Profile page.

Contributor

At first attempts, I couldn't get the private messaging to work.  But on 3rd or 4th attempt, it gave me a message field into which I entered three addresses from which I would like messages to go into my inbox, instead of being routed to SPAM.  So I have sent you the message you requested.

Thank  you.