Community Forum

Abobe Flash error when accessing XFINITY Channel Guide with Edge Browser

Regular Visitor

Abobe Flash error when accessing XFINITY Channel Guide with Edge Browser

I am no longer able to view the XFINITY Channel Guide using the Edge Browser. I get an error "Adobe Flash Player is having trouble" error message. The error page also recommends enabling Adobe Flash and/or updating to the latest version. I checked my browser settings and Flash is on, and my Flash version is up-to-date. I also tried clearing my browser cache settings. I don't know when this issue started since I usually use the XFINITY TV Remote app on my smartphone to view the Channel Guide, but I sometimes find it useful to view on my PC Web Browser. By the way, the Channel Guide does still work using Internet Explorer, however I use Edge for all of my web browsing and don't want to have to switch to IE just to view the Channel Guide. Does anyone else have the same issue? Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Abobe Flash error when accessing XFINITY Channel Guide with Edge Browser

When I tried, I got a little popup in the upper right that says "Something missing on the page? To help you stay safe, we've blocked Adobe Flash. Click here to turn it on." There is a blocky PacMan like symbol on the address line. Click that and you get options for allow once, or always allow.