Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

3rd DAY OF NO E-MAIL !!

Regular Contributor

3rd DAY OF NO E-MAIL !!

ComcastZach told us on the 16th that a National Issue with the E-Mail had occurred, however, it was now fixed. But, they were now dealing with some RESIDUAL FALLOUT.  Now we are in our 3rd day without e-mail.  WHAT IS GOING ON???    I'm in Oregon and I checked with several friends who have Comcast, and they also are also without e-mail service.  Calling customer service is a joke....Would someone associated with Comcast PLEASE tell us where the problem stands now..

Mick 7

Regular Contributor

Re: 3rd DAY OF NO E-MAIL !!

Finally, my e-mail is now functioning.  Comcast's explanation to the forum fell short in my opinion, and one had to go to national news to hear the reason for the outage.  When I talked with customer service and went into our local store, both had no idea there was a outage.  The local store folks were not surprised there was no announcement across the Comcast/Xfinity system..........mick7

Regular Contributor

No E-Mail Again

E-Mail went down yesterday again (2-20) and is still down today here in Oregon.  So far a total of 5 days without service !  Saw a Field Tech in my area this pm, and asked him if he heard when it might be back up.  He told me he just heard of the current outage this am from a customer in the field, and never even knew about the first outage over the weekend.  He called into his dispatch, and they told him they have no idea when e-mail will be activated.

Technical issues will arise, and I get that.  But not notifying customers or even field offices of problems makes Comcast/Xfininty a 2nd rate business for sure.  Does anyone have information when the fix may be coming??????????

Mick 7

Admin1

Re: 3rd DAY OF NO E-MAIL !!

Hi mick7 -- The information you've read from whichever app you got this news from is untrue. Our email platform has not been compromised. We have been migrating to a new email server platform to provide customers with a better more reliable experience. This resulted in some interruptions to some customers email service. We expect to complete the migration shortly.

There is a current issue with trying to view email from the XFINITY Connect app. Customers may experience error 102002, timeouts, three cycling dots, or spinning circles when attempting to open messages.

I received your PM as well regarding this issue. I appreciate you working with me there. I was able to get your account marked that it is still Impacted and I opened a support ticket for our engineers to address.