Community Forum

2nd mailbox

Frequent Visitor

2nd mailbox

I have a 2nd mailbox folder on my email account. When I click on it it comes up as empty even though I know there are emails in the folder. I just went to settings and made sure all the entries were correct, but still the same problem

Expert

Re: 2nd mailbox

Where is this second folder?  Under "My folders"?  Or do you mean you added another external email account under "Add mail account"?

Frequent Visitor

It is under My folders

Expert

@normf wrote:

It is under My folders

Is there a black arrowhead to the left of it?  If so click on that and see if the messages show up.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Latoque,

I had already exercised the black arrow which produced the empty info, but I decided to go back and check again. What I hadn't noticed until I did that  was that there was another heading down below the folders under the heading of add  account and under that was another Frans email folder. Sure enough, opening that produced the missing emails.

Dumb me and thank you for putting me on the right track.

Expert

Here's the difference;  When you create a local folder, it will show up under "My folders" unless you made it a sub-folder to the Inbox or some other folder.  In that case, it will appear right under the Inbox.  The other section---"Add mail account", is where external accounts will show up when you enable them in that mail-fetching feature.  A lot of other email providers now have the same feature.  It's kind of a wannabe desktop client.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for clearing up the difference. Original instructions on managing the email account do not make the two methods and limitations evident. I'm not sure that when I look back how I got both folders in my lists, but no matter now, you have solved my problem and I appreciate it. Thank you