Community Forum

2 e-addresses show up for person when emailing; only 1 in address book; how do I delete 2nd one?

New Poster

2 e-addresses show up for person when emailing; only 1 in address book; how do I delete 2nd one?

Person had 2 email addresses (one for work that has changed). In the Address Book, I was able to delete the work one. But when I go to send an e-mail, BOTH reg. and the one I'd deleted in the Address Book show up.  How do I get rid of the work one? I've tried all kinds of things.

Expert

Re: 2 e-addresses show up for person when emailing; only 1 in address book; how do I delete 2nd one?

@pamaday wrote:

Person had 2 email addresses (one for work that has changed). In the Address Book, I was able to delete the work one. But when I go to send an e-mail, BOTH reg. and the one I'd deleted in the Address Book show up.  How do I get rid of the work one? I've tried all kinds of things.

Delete your browser cache.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

Re: 2 e-addresses show up for person when emailing; only 1 in address book; how do I delete 2nd one?

@pamaday wrote:

Do you mean you see both addresses in the drop-down when composing a new email and you start typing in the To: field?  If so, open the address book from the Inbox page, then click on "Collected addresses" in the left folder pane.  In there you can delete entries you  no longer want.