Community Forum

2 e-addresses show up for person when emailing; only 1 in address book; how do I delete 2nd one?

New Poster

2 e-addresses show up for person when emailing; only 1 in address book; how do I delete 2nd one?

Person had 2 email addresses (one for work that has changed). In the Address Book, I was able to delete the work one. But when I go to send an e-mail, BOTH reg. and the one I'd deleted in the Address Book show up.  How do I get rid of the work one? I've tried all kinds of things.

Expert

Re: 2 e-addresses show up for person when emailing; only 1 in address book; how do I delete 2nd one?

@pamaday wrote:

Person had 2 email addresses (one for work that has changed). In the Address Book, I was able to delete the work one. But when I go to send an e-mail, BOTH reg. and the one I'd deleted in the Address Book show up.  How do I get rid of the work one? I've tried all kinds of things.

Delete your browser cache.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: 2 e-addresses show up for person when emailing; only 1 in address book; how do I delete 2nd one?

@pamaday wrote:

Do you mean you see both addresses in the drop-down when composing a new email and you start typing in the To: field?  If so, open the address book from the Inbox page, then click on "Collected addresses" in the left folder pane.  In there you can delete entries you  no longer want.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!