Community Forum

xcam pairing woes

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

xcam pairing woes

Trying to pair my new xCam with my Xfinity Home system but the camera is not found by the Home app on my iPhone the light blinks blue after power on (fast) then yellow slow, then blue slow and then yellow slow indefinitely and the app eventually gives up. I followed the steps to reset the camera and then the light blinks blue slow first and the app tries to find the camera again but fails in the end and the light blinks yellow slow again.

Any tips? 

I had it paired once then moved it to the final location but it would not be found so I moved it back but now it was not found again. So I reset it and tried to pair again and now I get the above light show

Thanks for any tips

Mike

Valued Contributor

Re: xcam pairing woes

Make sure that you deleted the camera for the touchscreen and do a hard reboot (hold reset for at least 10 secs), otherwise it will not pair again.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks,

the camera never showed up in the touch screen only in the app. I deleted it from there and tried the hardreset multiple times, no luck. There is also a reset button on the powersupply should I press that too?

Silver Problem Solver

@mkostersitz wrote:

Thanks,

the camera never showed up in the touch screen only in the app. I deleted it from there and tried the hardreset multiple times, no luck. There is also a reset button on the powersupply should I press that too?

Another thing I've tried: calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@mkostersitz wrote:

Trying to pair my new xCam with my Xfinity Home system but the camera is not found by the Home app on my iPhone the light blinks blue after power on (fast) then yellow slow, then blue slow and then yellow slow indefinitely and the app eventually gives up. I followed the steps to reset the camera and then the light blinks blue slow first and the app tries to find the camera again but fails in the end and the light blinks yellow slow again.

Any tips? 

I had it paired once then moved it to the final location but it would not be found so I moved it back but now it was not found again. So I reset it and tried to pair again and now I get the above light show

Thanks for any tips

Mike

Did you check prior to purchase whether that camera is compatible with Xfinity Home? I just checked and it's not on the partner device list

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

It is the camera advertised in the xfinity home cam and carries the xfinity logo so I assume it should be compatible
Frequent Visitor

Thanks been on the phone with them multiple times no resolution yet
Official Employee

@mkostersitz - My apologies for the wait time. We are currently investigating your issue and it takes much longer than we'd expected. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Try deleting from App and then use touchscreen to set up and pair.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks did not work either they will be sending a tech out to check it out