Community Forum

xFi vs Home - Works with Xfinity issue...

New Poster

xFi vs Home - Works with Xfinity issue...

can someone  please let me know why there are different "works with xfinity" devices on the xFi and the Home app? As an example why can't I control my TP-Link smart switches in the Home app, but can in xFi.

This doesn't make sense. Either it works with XFINITY or it doesn't.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: xFi vs Home - Works with Xfinity issue...

@Zacm1979 wrote:

can someone  please let me know why there are different "works with xfinity" devices on the xFi and the Home app? As an example why can't I control my TP-Link smart switches in the Home app, but can in xFi.

This doesn't make sense. Either it works with XFINITY or it doesn't.

My understanding is that XHome only supports a specific set of devices and does not have the capability to support ALL devices that can work with a network.  I have an AcuRite Weather Station with temperature and rain gauge that appears in the xFi App but is not supported by XHome.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

We are working hard to further integrate features of xFi and Xfinity Home - you'll see some awesome stuff coming in the future... stay tuned!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I would love an outdoor weather station that integrates with my Xfinity home touchscreen. The temp displayed currently is from weather channel and is very generic. We are higher altitude than the town the weather is listed to be from. It’s a difference of rain vs snow and 3” of accumulation vs 5”.