Community Forum

where do i find a reason description for the amber light on bottom of touch screen

New Poster

where do i find a reason description for the amber light on bottom of touch screen

see above, thx - shermj

Official Employee

Re: where do i find a reason description for the amber light on bottom of touch screen

How about a screenshot of what you’re referring to? Any on screen messages?
New Poster

Re: where do i find a reason description for the amber light on bottom of touch screen

screen shot of xfinity home touch pad i do not know how to capture ; in the meantime the ;ight has turned color to green.  still curious as to where the current (new) documentation is for the model# XH1-TC ; i'll search again for a user manual.  please close my support ticket.  thx, shermj

Silver Problem Solver

@shermj wrote:

screen shot of xfinity home touch pad i do not know how to capture ; in the meantime the ;ight has turned color to green.  still curious as to where the current (new) documentation is for the model# XH1-TC ; i'll search again for a user manual.  please close my support ticket.  thx, shermj

Can you point us to the screen you are seeing from here?
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/touchscreen-getting-started-unified

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

The amber light means that something with a sensor on it (window, door) is open and you can not arm your alarm in this state.  Hope this helps.