Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

webcam

New Poster

webcam

The forum lists hardware for home device control, Nest for HVAC, others for lighting control, but no list of webcams that are compatible with Xfinity Home. If webcams connect to Xfinity home via wifi, you would think the only compatability issue would be the wifi channel being used by webcam matching the channel used by Xfinity Home controller.

CSP

Expert

Re: webcam

@Claudestephane wrote:

The forum lists hardware for home device control, Nest for HVAC, others for lighting control, but no list of webcams that are compatible with Xfinity Home. If webcams connect to Xfinity home via wifi, you would think the only compatability issue would be the wifi channel being used by webcam matching the channel used by Xfinity Home controller.

CSP

The Xfinity Home system uses the Zigbee communications protocol.

Valued Contributor

I know the sensors and light controls are zigbee but I thought that the Cameras used a 2.4gh security network (seperate from the regular 2.4 or 5) that is accessable for home wifi.

Expert

@spacecadet57 wrote:

I know the sensors and light controls are zigbee but I thought that the Cameras used a 2.4gh security network (seperate from the regular 2.4 or 5) that is accessable for home wifi.

You are correct.  I was mistaken.

Valued Contributor

Wish  I could figure out what the IP addresses are for the cameras so I could get them added to my other video security  software.

Expert

@spacecadet57 wrote:

Wish  I could figure out what the IP addresses are for the cameras so I could get them added to my other video security  software.

That information should be in your router's interface somewhere.

Valued Contributor

Can't find them anywhere.  The network that the security system uses is hidden and not on the regular 2.4 or 5ghz channels.  They don't show up on any of the connected devices.

Expert

@spacecadet57 wrote:

Can't find them anywhere.  The network that the security system uses is hidden and not on the regular 2.4 or 5ghz channels.  They don't show up on any of the connected devices.

I forgot they aren't using the wifi bands in the gateway.

Expert

@spacecadet57 wrote:

It's not possible AFAIK.