Community Forum

takeover bridge - comm failure

Regular Visitor

takeover bridge - comm failure

Comcast took over my legacy security system.  The technician installed a new security panel and box and was able to get some of my legacy systems working with additional motion and wireless intrusion detectors from Comcast.  It worked fine for about three hours and now my control panel says takeover bridge - comm failure.  A call to Comcast with rebooting the router/modem and the control panel did not solve the problem.  The representative gave up and made an technician appointment for the day after tomorrow.  It is hard to comprehend how they can leave a customer without security for two days. Then the representative tried to upsell me on a line protection plan and told me that technician may decide to charge me for resolving the problem.  Now I am without security for two days and feel vaguely threatened about being charged for a problem with the original installation.  Wow!

New Poster

Re: takeover bridge - comm failure

Was this ever resolved? I am having the EXACT same problem. Customer service was no help. They kept trying to tell me that the system was working fine on their end. I was even told I could arm the system on my phone, it was a problem with the touch screen only. That wasn't true. The system is completely inoperable and I have only had it installed for 8 hours.
New Poster

Re: takeover bridge - comm failure

I feel for you. I had similar issues with the Comcast 3rd party techs. There is one that I will not allow on my property. I tried working with Comcast and got the runaround. I finally filed a BBB complaint and then, and only the, Comast sent over someone who know what he was doing. I was without security for over two weeks. Got an issue? I recommend filing a BBB Complaint