Community Forum

reset time/date?

New Poster

reset time/date?

my time is off.  where can i set tiem/date, or change time zone?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: reset time/date?

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello marcbrad, there should be a clock icon on your XHome touch screen that will allow you to reset the date and time. You can click on this link for more information on how to access all of your apps and features. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Comcast reply is not at all useful. They have told us how to change the display appearance, not the time.

Official Employee

thewerrs -

The clock itself cannot be customized - the time is automatically configured based on the location and time zone of your account.

Have you tried restarting your Xfinty Wireless Gateway and Touchscreen yet?  This might synch things back up. 

The easiest way to do this is with our Xfinity My Account mobile app. 

Once you've logged in to that app, click on the Internet icon and choose "Troubleshooting."  Follow the prompts and wait for the reset process to complete (about 5 to 10 minutes).

Next, do the same for Xfinity Home. In the My Account app, click on the "Home" icon, tap the picture of your Touchscreen, select "Troubleshoot" and then "Restart Touchscreen."   This process will take about 5 minutes.  

Once the Touchscreen is back up, check the clock to see if you're all fixed up.

If that doesn't correct the issue, please give us a call at the number RobertWy posted above; it's possible there is a setting on your account that is incorrect which is causing the wrong time to be sent to the Touchscreen.

I hope that helps!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@thewerrs wrote:

Comcast reply is not at all useful. They have told us how to change the display appearance, not the time.

I would call them and schedule a tech visit as a last resort.

1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

@marcbrad wrote:

my time is off.  where can i set tiem/date, or change time zone?