Community Forum

access to reset my own sensors, the new model is highly inconvenient and expensive

Frequent Visitor

access to reset my own sensors, the new model is highly inconvenient and expensive

Historical experience 6 months ago or so:

Sensor Battery goes out,

Swap battery

Sensor fails to reconnect to touchscreen

Go into advanced settings

remove sensor

add sensor back

total time spent 10 minutes

life's good

New experience as of today:

Sensor Battery goes out,

Swap battery

Sensor fails to reconnect to touchscreen

Go into advanced settings

find out you cannot get to the sensor add/remove menu anymore because the tech code is now two factor auth

Call Xfinity

Spend time in chat with different people to get the unlock code

Get told to schedule an appointment for a week after Thanksgiving

Tech comes

takes 10 minutes to remove and add back the sensor

Tries to charge $60 + Tax for the service

Calls it in 20 minutes on the phone

Service fee gets waived

Tech leaves cursing the new system

I guess the new way is better but I highly doubt that $60 is covering the expense incurred by the tech to come out. 

Hope Xfinity reads this as it is really annoying that something that took me 10 minutes before not costs me a week of reduced protection of my home and would have cost me money and is a frustrating thing for a tech to come out.

Official Employee

Re: access to reset my own sensors, the new model is highly inconvenient and expensive

Hi @mkostersitz

Thank you for using the forums to share your experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. I was able to use the email address you have registered with the forums to access your account to see if I had any sooner availabilities, but unfortunately, I don't. Also since one of my peers is assisting you on Twitter, to ensure there is only one of us helping with this issue, I'm going to close this thread as a duplicate so RM can finish assisting you from here. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: access to reset my own sensors, the new model is highly inconvenient and expensive

Totally agree.  With most other systems you are able to add and remove sensors by yourself.  Only Xfinity makes things so complicated.  No way should you have to pay to have one replaced.