Community Forum

Zigbee Transceiver Jammed - Constant Error

Frequent Visitor

Zigbee Transceiver Jammed - Constant Error

Have had Comcast home security for several years now.  Recently the touchscreen constantly shows there is interference.  Half the time it'll say some zones are open when they're not or it'll just not let me arm.  Had a tech out who replaced a couple of the door sensors for new ones.  Problem came back today and got hung up on twice talking with customer support then after bypassing my motion it's working again...for now.  Almost at the end of my rope with this system and the customer service.  I have the touchscreen in the middle of my kitchen in the "optimal" location according to the tech that was out.  Any other ideas?  Paying way too much to have a constant fight.  Would a new touchscreen make a difference?  Mine is 3+ years old.

Expert

Re: Zigbee Transceiver Jammed - Constant Error

@sparta1 wrote:

Have had Comcast home security for several years now.  Recently the touchscreen constantly shows there is interference.  Half the time it'll say some zones are open when they're not or it'll just not let me arm.  Had a tech out who replaced a couple of the door sensors for new ones.  Problem came back today and got hung up on twice talking with customer support then after bypassing my motion it's working again...for now.  Almost at the end of my rope with this system and the customer service.  I have the touchscreen in the middle of my kitchen in the "optimal" location according to the tech that was out.  Any other ideas?  Paying way too much to have a constant fight.  Would a new touchscreen make a difference?  Mine is 3+ years old.

Weird. Is your Touchscreen close to possible sources of interference such as wireless routers, microwave ovens, Bluetooth devices, TVs, or cordless phones? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Zigbee Transceiver Jammed - Constant Error

@sparta1 wrote:

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874  I always call them first.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!