Community Forum

Xfinity installed cameras and advanced security

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Xfinity installed cameras and advanced security

Can anyone tell me if these security cameras are protected from intrusion by advanced security? I saw an Xfinity commercial last night that showed one of the brand of cameras that I have and inferring that they are protected when you have Xfinity Advantage. I have the advanced security and the Bx6 modem along that are included with Xfinity Advantage.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity installed cameras and advanced security

Hello again, lkpolovchik. 

Thank you for reaching out. 

The advantage is just an extra level of security. You do not need it. 

Did you have any other questions? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi there, lkpolovchik.

I wanted to reach out before closing out your post.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

I actually do have advanced security. I was wondering if it protects my Xfinitiy home security camera from intrusion.
Official Employee

Your security camera should be protected either way. The advanced just upgrades it further. 

Official Employee

Did you have any other questions before I close out your post?

Thank you for reaching out and for being a valued Comcast customer.