Community Forum

Xfinity Home texting about my system being armed by <User Deleted>

New Poster

Xfinity Home texting about my system being armed by <User Deleted>

Good Morning Xfinity Forum team,

First off - I am new to Xfinity home security. This morning, I left my home in an armed state and it does show correctly that it had occured within the log of activity.

Several hours later, while still away at work without getting a disarm message, I get another alert that my home is again armed, but this time by <User Deleted> with the Touchscreen from inside my home with no one home.

Please advise what could have happened to cause this behavior.

Thank you for your help, 

Wyss

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Home texting about my system being armed by <User Deleted>

Did you ever receive any information regarding this? This same thing just happened to me less than an hour ago and wondering why. Armed at 6:58 this morning and then without receiving a disarmed alert text, I receive a text stating my alarm system was armed at 10:41am. No one has been in the house since leaving at 6:58. I work 35 miles away from my house and therefore can't easily just pick up and go check.

New Poster

This same thing happened to us last night and it was very concerning. Has there been anything found on this?

The system was armed stay then all of a sudden aremed itself stay.

Silver Problem Solver

@Braddavis84 wrote:

This same thing happened to us last night and it was very concerning. Has there been anything found on this?

The system was armed stay then all of a sudden aremed itself stay.

Can you clarify?  It appears you meant to say something else.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I don’t see an answer to this inquiry which dates back to 2016 and into 2018. This same thing just happened to my home system while I was at home so I know nobody was at the touchscreen to set it to stay, which had already been set to stay a few hours prior. “UserDeleted” is also who set mine to stay all while I was at home with a visual of the touchscreen. Is this an automated process if there is a power outage? We did not experience an outage but I’m trying to make sense of a security system which is leaving me feeling a bit less secure.
New Poster

This issue of the system arming by user deleted with the touvhscreen has happened to me several times. In several of those I know that no one has used the touchscreen as I have been right next to it. It seems to be a worrying occurance - if I had to guess it's either a glitch in their system or it happens when updates are being downloaded and applied. Just a guess though
New Poster

I was leaning toward a glitch, as well, but it’s a glitch that’s several years old so maybe it occurs in relation to updates, as you indicated. It’s only happened once for me but still a bit disconcerting.
New Poster

this just happened to me. Set it for Night with touchpad..30 min later I hear a tone. screen says armed Night by UserDeleted.

I vae searched several of these threads and no answer from Xfinity on any if them other than..we will look into it.

come on xfinity. Do better.
New Poster

This same thing just happened to our home. Armed night and thirty minutes later armed night by UserDeleted.

Is it clear yet if this is just a glitch or unsafe?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Sarbea wrote:
This same thing just happened to our home. Armed night and thirty minutes later armed night by UserDeleted.

Is it clear yet if this is just a glitch or unsafe?

See if this helps:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/home-alert-messages

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!