Community Forum

Xfinity Home and Google Home Hub integration

New Poster

Xfinity Home and Google Home Hub integration

Has Xfinity given any more consideration to integration the Xfinity Home functionalities with Google Home or Google Assistant?  I'd like to be able to use a Google Home Hub to control some of the automations I have at home that are part of Xfinity Home without having to carry the remote around with me and having to hit a button.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Home and Google Home Hub integration

I agree. My main reason I don't want the Xfinity camera is I can't see it on my Google Home Hub. I won one and want to be able to see the kids room and living room from my kitchen (where the hub is). I know I can use the phone but the Hub will help when I'm cooking.

Expert

An internet connected device able to integrate with my home security system? Absolutely not. If that device gets compromised, all sorts of terrible things can happen.

No thanks. I don't even enable the Amazon Alexa functionality on my router precisely for that reason.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

You guys really want backdoor, unauthorized access to your security system?

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/10/amazon-ring-security-camera/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Most modern security systems are internet devices in themselves and really present the same problem. Homeowners should understand the risk of putting any IoT device on their internal network. My security system rides the same connection as my cameras, but are on a different network than my home computers. If you hack my cameras or security system, you get to look at my driveway and front porch. It’s all about risk. I would rather be the one deciding on risk rather than having someone think they know what risk I am willing to take.  Thanks

Regular Contributor

Agreed. I just read a report of a Nest Camera hacking. 

New Poster

The vunerabily is at the router and only if you don't change the password and make it unique and strong.