Community Forum

Xfinity Home- Add Device

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Home- Add Device

Hi,

We just had Xfinity home installed, and we would like to add a couple more door and window sensors.  After looking through the installation guides on installing and pairing, it seems pretty straight forward.  However, if I goto the Xfinity home portal, and devices, I don't see an option to 'Add Device' like the tutorial says.

Any help getting that option added would be great.

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Home- Add Device

Start by calling Home Service 

1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here.. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Valued Contributor

I have installed a number of additional sensors.  Check out the links below.  To be able to add a sensor though you will need to be able to get to the tech menu on the touchscreen.  To do this select settings and when the option to enter a code comes up enter 4321 instead of your regular code. Then on the next screen enter 1 and then select done.  You will now be able to get to the option to add additional sensors.  One note, you cannot remove a sensor once it is added.  Only a tech can do that.  You can rename and move them around the house, but you cannot remove from the system.  There are several different senors on the market.  Xfinity has some that you can purchase on line.  I have purchased ones made by centralite and they work fine.

https://smile.amazon.com/Centralite-Sensor-SmartThings-ZigBee-platforms/dp/B071YQCWQM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=...

https://www.xfinity.com/support/home-control/control-installing-door-window-sensor/

New Poster

Huge thanks for those directions. I bought window sensors thinking install would be a cinch (based on the Support page with the steps) only to have the chat agent tell me I'd need to have a tech come out.

In any event, it was super easy once I had the tech code so again, thank you!

New Poster

The above doesn't work.  I have tried many times and put in many numbers when I get to the first tech page.  Bottom line is Xfinity is not going to let you add your own because they want to be able to charge you for a tech visit.

Silver Problem Solver

@hadawayj wrote:

The above doesn't work.  I have tried many times and put in many numbers when I get to the first tech page.  Bottom line is Xfinity is not going to let you add your own because they want to be able to charge you for a tech visit.

It's worth it.  But I have the service contract and it covers a lot of things.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

enter 1 and then select done... Does not work
Valued Contributor

Comcast removed this option about six months ago.  You can on longer add any sensors.  You have to call Comcast and have them send a tech out to install.  Big was of time, but there is no other option now.

New Poster

How do you private message someone?
Official Employee

Brookland44 wrote: How do you private message someone?

To send a private message click on the persons name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.