Community Forum

XB6-T Gateway and Icam2 cameras

Frequent Visitor

XB6-T Gateway and Icam2 cameras

Can someone assist with helping me pair my Icam2 with my Xfinity home setup?  The instructions on the Xfinity page talks about plugging into a wnr1000 or port 4 of my gateway. My old gateway had 4 ports but I have a XB6-T and it on,y has 2. Also I do not have a wnr1000 router.  I’ve verified the camera works using other software but i really want it paired with my system.

thanks

Official Employee

Re: XB6-T Gateway and Icam2 cameras

Use port 2

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Well I’ve tried both ports but there seems to be something more required to get the cameras in pairing mode.  I’ve reset the cameras by holding the reset button in for 10-60 seconds.   I’ve tried plugging into the gateway and my switch both with no luck.

Thanks

Official Employee

Do you have all the parts/wiring? How did you comfi it was working previously?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Yes to both questions.  The cameras all work using 3rd party software and I can see them on my network without issue.  

Official Employee

You would need a factory reset ( button on the back) then pair to the touchscreen or through the XH app. Just how far do you get?

Frequent Visitor

Thats what I've done or at least I think I have.  To reset I've pressed the button for 10-50 seconds.  Is there  a different process  to reset.  So right now I have a camera connected with the pairing cable connected to power and port 2 of the XB6 gateway.  The camera is pulling a 10.0.0.xxx address and I can connect to it using 3rd party software.  When trying to pair via the TS it can't find the cam.  The app spins for 5 minutes and never finds it either. 

Official Employee

It may have to do with your third party system. You won’t be able to have it both ways

Frequent Visitor

I’m not using the 3rd party software at the same time, just used it to verify connectivity to the camera and the ability to verify the cameras are working.

Thanks

Expert

I don't have the XB6 anymore, but IIRC there was a setting in the Admin Tool that lets you bond Ethernet Port 2 to the Xfinity Home Network. You might want to check that box first before you connect the iCam2 to link it to your Touchscreen. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.