Community Forum

X-Cam won't connect

New Poster

X-Cam won't connect

I have a Comcast security, and have had no issues.  Decided to add another camera, so I bought one from eBay (xfinity camera, exactly like the others we have).  Have tried everything to reset the camera, but to no avail.  The light on the power brick is flashing blue.  The light on the camera is flashing amber... we got it to flash quick green one time, but it's gone back to amber.

Called support, and spent 30 min with a rep literally reading me the instructions that I've been trying to follow from the Xfinity website for the last 3 hours.  I've found a bunch of other posts about the same thing, all with some note that "once i was able to reset the cameras...." but no information on how to do that.  The support rep offered to send a technician out to do it, but I have a hard time paying that fee when it's something that should be as simple as resetting the camera so it can link to my system.

Official Employee

Re: X-Cam won't connect

mc84047 -

Just to be sure, did you default both the camera and the power brick?

With the xCam, the power adapter is what transmits the WiFi signal and pairs to the system. If you're connecting to a new Touchscreen, it needs to be reset to factory default as well.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

the power adaptor is blinking blue, as the instructions say it should be.

Still comes up as no camera found when I try and add on the touchscreen.  Customer support was of NO assistance at all.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. The camera I purchased is new. But, could not get it to connect. I have reset both the brick and camera to factory default and still getting a big red X - not finding the camera. What else can I try?

Official Employee

Hi @UserX1

Thank you for posting your question to the Xfinity Forum. I had the chance to review your private message and your account. Based on what you've reported, I'd recommend getting a technician out to have them paired. Since this is a Third-Party device, there isn't any remote troubleshooting I can do at this time that will fix this. Please reply at your earliest convenience and I can help get an appointment scheduled. Chat with you soon. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!