Community Forum

Will the xfinityn home automation base kit components work with my already installed xfinity home?

New Poster

Will the xfinityn home automation base kit components work with my already installed xfinity home?

I want to add another camera to my already installed xfinity home system. Will the xfinityn home automation base kit components work with my already installed xfinity home?

s-l1600.jpg
Official Employee

Re: Will the xfinityn home automation base kit components work with my already installed xfinity hom

Hi juljohjns -

1) The included hub is not compatible and would serve no point; this device was needed for our legacy “Home Control” product, which we still support for existing subscribers to the service, but no longer sell.

2) The outlet controller would work just fine; you would pair using the Touchscreen.

3) You could get the camera to pair, and would need to do so through the process on your Touchscreen - the Xfinity Home app doesn’t support pairing this camera. Instead of connecting the included Y-adapter to the hub, you would connect it to your Gateway or Security Router during the pairing process. Also - the camera in this kit is a Standard Definition camera. Newer models have much better picture quality.

4) The Window/Door sensor and Motion Detector would work, but you would need to contact us to set up an appointment for a technician to install and pair them with your system. Since both of these devices could trip an alarm and are considered life-safety devices with Xfinity Home Security, we need to ensure that they are professionally installed. This kit was originally intended for the Contol product I mentioned above, which was a self-monitored service (i.e. No central monitoring station contacting emergency responders, no in home alarm, etc.) - so a professional install wasn’t necessary in that case.

Hope that helps!