Community Forum

Will an Xfinity technician install a security sensor not purchased at the Xfinity store?

New Poster

Will an Xfinity technician install a security sensor not purchased at the Xfinity store?

Just got my Xfinity alarm installed.  Looks like a good service so far but wish they would include more than 3 sensors.   Anyhow,  I found some sensors for 20 bucks on Ebay.   After discussion with the tech, I found out they are not able to give customers the main password for the Touchpad so I can install additional sensors.  If I buy additional sensors from a 3rd party a)will Xfinity install them and b)is there are an installation fee and if so how much? 

Contributor

Re: Will an Xfinity technician install a security sensor not purchased at the Xfinity store?

I’ve seen  posts elsewhere on this discussion board that said the code is 4321. That may have changed. I’ve installed one motion sensor on my own and it works fine. I too love my Xfinity Home. If you have the correct light controls or WiFi bulbs you can automate the lighting and turn lights on/off with your voice remote. I would love my Touchscreen to be an amazon Alexa kinda thing. ADT has a great commercial that shows the dad telling Alexa to tell ADT to go into night mode.  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Will an Xfinity technician install a security sensor not purchased at the Xfinity store?

@lkpolovchik wrote:

I’ve seen  posts elsewhere on this discussion board that said the code is 4321. That may have changed. I’ve installed one motion sensor on my own and it works fine. I too love my Xfinity Home. If you have the correct light controls or WiFi bulbs you can automate the lighting and turn lights on/off with your voice remote. I would love my Touchscreen to be an amazon Alexa kinda thing. ADT has a great commercial that shows the dad telling Alexa to tell ADT to go into night mode.  

Maybe a call to them can answer your question.

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

The 4321 code no longer works.  Comcast will probably install but as you didn't purchase from them there may be a charge, but the only way to determine is to call them.

Official Employee

There will be an install charge, you’ll also want to get new batteries in case their dead (they probably are).

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!