Community Forum

Will Nest cameras be compatible with system?

New Poster

Will Nest cameras be compatible with system?

Im curious why Nest cams are not compatible with home security system. I mean Comcast has thermostat and yet they support competitor brand so Im not sure why they wouldnt support a better camera then the mediocre one currently.

New Poster

Re: Will Nest cameras be compatible with system?

I agree, I have the nest cam and 2 nest protects that are vey useful and integrated with my home, I wish they would be integrated with XHS

Contributor

When my Xfinity home secure system was installed, my camera was discounted by 50% because I have 24/7 video recording. The nest is $197 on Amazon and the Xfinity is $199. If Xfinity offers me the discount I'll just go with their security camera for another area. 

New Poster

just installed Xfinity HOME - Service Rocks

ONLY downside is it won't connect to the over $1,000 worth of NEXT Camera's we have already invested in

I see service work with NEST Thermostat - PLEASE allow it to work with our existing NEST cams

New Poster

I am a new customer and a retired Security Consultant and contractor. I like the simplicity of the Comcast Infinity home system. But the cameras are not 1080 hd quality. The highest setting is too poor to prosecute off the images. The truly need a higher resolution option. If they do not allow wireless camera upgrades I will cancel my cctv portion of their services. I may as well cancel their home security also as I can buy a smart home security system with true 1080 hd wireless cameras and be better off as they have two way voice also. Come on Comcast, step up to the plate and allow camera upgrades.
New Poster

So comcast when will the Nest camera’s be compatible with the the security system?