Community Forum

What's different between the old (TCA203) and new (XH1-TC) Home Touchscreen Controllers?

New Poster

What's different between the old (TCA203) and new (XH1-TC) Home Touchscreen Controllers?

I just subscribed to Xfinity Home (Nov 2018), and they gave me the old touchscreen controller (TCA203). Can anyone tell me the differences between the old one and the newer XH1-TC (aka TCA300)?

I assume newer = better/faster.

Tags (2)
Valued Contributor

Re: What's different between the old (TCA203) and new (XH1-TC) Home Touchscreen Controllers?

I had the older (black) one but had it replaced a couple months ago.  About the only difference is there is a button on the bottom of the new one to take you to the home screen.  the old one had a volume button on the side that allowed extra control over the volume whereas the new one doesn't.  Actually liked the old one better.  Internally probably a faster processer, but not actually a case of newer is better.

New Poster

Re: What's different between the old (TCA203) and new (XH1-TC) Home Touchscreen Controllers?

Thank you for the response!

What about the old one do you like more? I am thinking about asking them to give me the new one. The TCA203 is probably 5-7 years old now, and I'm just wondering if the new one has substantially better internals... technology marches on.

Silver Problem Solver

I have the original touchpad.  I seldom use it because I use the smart device app instead.

I'm sure the new one has a faster processor, so response to commands will be quicker.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

I imagine the processor in the new ones is much faster, but I still like the design on the old ones.  You could adjust the volume better and the stand is adjustable where as the new one isn't.  Seems like they made the new one to look like the new XCams.