Community Forum

What's different between the old (TCA203) and new (XH1-TC) Home Touchscreen Controllers?

New Poster

What's different between the old (TCA203) and new (XH1-TC) Home Touchscreen Controllers?

I just subscribed to Xfinity Home (Nov 2018), and they gave me the old touchscreen controller (TCA203). Can anyone tell me the differences between the old one and the newer XH1-TC (aka TCA300)?

I assume newer = better/faster.

Tags (2)
Valued Contributor

Re: What's different between the old (TCA203) and new (XH1-TC) Home Touchscreen Controllers?

I had the older (black) one but had it replaced a couple months ago.  About the only difference is there is a button on the bottom of the new one to take you to the home screen.  the old one had a volume button on the side that allowed extra control over the volume whereas the new one doesn't.  Actually liked the old one better.  Internally probably a faster processer, but not actually a case of newer is better.

New Poster

Re: What's different between the old (TCA203) and new (XH1-TC) Home Touchscreen Controllers?

Thank you for the response!

What about the old one do you like more? I am thinking about asking them to give me the new one. The TCA203 is probably 5-7 years old now, and I'm just wondering if the new one has substantially better internals... technology marches on.

Silver Problem Solver

I have the original touchpad.  I seldom use it because I use the smart device app instead.

I'm sure the new one has a faster processor, so response to commands will be quicker.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!