Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Vivint Home Security system takeover?

Contributor

Vivint Home Security system takeover?

I am asking this question for someone else so I don't have the brands of the equipment available. If needed I can supply them.

When we were at the local service center swapping boxes for someone else, they offered a plan for $2 more that includes Home Security, which is a great deal.

However, the person currently has a Vivint system. I don't know if the current equipment will work with Xfinity or if there are additional monthly charges for linking the equipment to the Xfinity system.

Here is what they have.

Security panel
3 door sensors
CO2 sensor
2 smoke alarms
Front door lock
Panic button (on a keychain for an elderly person)

I understand that Xfinity would swap out the control panel, add a touchscreen, some window sensors (don't know how many but there are 4 windows on the ground floor) and add cellular backup. We got a free camera when we switched over but I don't know if that is still being offered.

What, if any of the current equipment would be able to be linked to the Xfinity system? And what would the additional monthly charges be?

If the equipment can't be linked, what would be the cost for new equipment? The door lock isn't critical.

Thanks.
Gary

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Vivint Home Security system takeover?

Vivint systems can't be taken over. The best thing your friend can do is have a tech out to do a walk through to assess all of their needs and make an informed comparison.

All Replies
Official Employee

Re: Vivint Home Security system takeover?

Vivint systems can't be taken over. The best thing your friend can do is have a tech out to do a walk through to assess all of their needs and make an informed comparison.