Community Forum

Trying to pair Visonic MCT-427 sma Smoke Detector with control center

Regular Visitor

Trying to pair Visonic MCT-427 sma Smoke Detector with control center

I talked with a tech to determine if the Visonic MCT-427 SMA Smoke and heat detector is compatible with the xfinity home system.  The tech said yes.  He also said I should be able to connect the detector to the system by my self.  If I had trouble he said I would probably have to call for service.  So, I have tried to pair the device with my system without luck.

I bring up the correct menu on the pad of my home system and there is no link to add a smoke detector.  So I selected other.  I followed the pairing instructions that came with the detector without luck.  I am unable to connect via the Home app on my phone because there is no icon for smoke detector.

Has anyone had luck in pairing this smoke detector to their home system?

Thank you in advance. 

Official Employee

Re: Trying to pair Visonic MCT-427 sma Smoke Detector with control center

Hello wvwoodsfolks, I show that the Visonic MCT-427 is compatible with your alarm system. If you need assistance pairing the equipment I can assist you further, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

ComcastAmir, I am having the same problem with my Visonic MCT-427 sma Smoke Detectors as well, can you please help me connect them?

Thank you

Official Employee

Hello darerob, I can certainly assist you with getting your smoke detectors paired with your alarm system. I replied to your private message, please reach back out to me there and we can get this taken care of for you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Is there a way for a technician to give me a code to rename a couple sensors?  My sunroom, for example, is now a "living room," and I would very much like to change some zone names around.  I have done it many times with the 4321, but of course, can't do that anymore.  Which ya know, gripes me pretty hard... Not fond of having my Comcast account for ten years just to suddenly be forced into having a paid service call to change some zone names.

Silver Problem Solver

@HarleyBadger wrote:

Is there a way for a technician to give me a code to rename a couple sensors?  My sunroom, for example, is now a "living room," and I would very much like to change some zone names around.  I have done it many times with the 4321, but of course, can't do that anymore.  Which ya know, gripes me pretty hard... Not fond of having my Comcast account for ten years just to suddenly be forced into having a paid service call to change some zone names.

My guess is that calling 1-877-298-0874 is faster than getting a response here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

darerob wrote: Thank you Amir. The tech came out and took care of everything in 2 minutes and everything is working great. Thank you again for all of your help.

You're welcome, have a good day. 

Official Employee

HarleyBadger wrote: Is there a way for a technician to give me a code to rename a couple sensors?  My sunroom, for example, is now a "living room," and I would very much like to change some zone names around.  I have done it many times with the 4321, but of course, can't do that anymore.  Which ya know, gripes me pretty hard... Not fond of having my Comcast account for ten years just to suddenly be forced into having a paid service call to change some zone names

The generic code that you shared is what the techs use on our end as well. Please send me a private message with your account information if you need any further assistance. 

Regular Visitor

I need help too pairing mine