Community Forum

Touchscreen losing communication

Contributor

Touchscreen losing communication

For the last two days at roughly the same time in the afternoon (at least, I may just not have been home on other days when it happened) my touchscreen is beeping and generating a message that it has lost communication. When I open the message, it instructs me to reboot the touchscreen. I've been looking for an option in the settings to do this, but as soon as I bring up the settings menu in general it reboots on its own. I'm definitely not comfortable with my security system failing for a few minutes a day like that, is there anything I should be doing to fix this or do I need a new touchscreen? This is the older touchscreen. Could it also be the sidecar router? I rebooted that after the touchscreen message came up today, so I guess I'll know tomorrow if that helped.

Official Employee

Re: Touchscreen losing communication

Hi, commodore_dude - 

Thank you for reaching out on the forum! I'd be happy to help with the touchscreen issue. I know my touchscreen loses connection when my internet is acting up, so this could be the cause of the issue. Let's get a tech sent out to get this resolved as fast as possible. Can you send me a PM with your first/last name to get started? Thank you. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

I had exactly the same thing happen to me, I wound up rebooting my main router (ASUS RT-AC88U) , then the sidecar router (WNR1000 v2)  and then the Touchscreen, in that order, and it was fixed. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Well, after rebooting the sidecar router on Monday, the same thing happened yesterday at the same time (just before 4pm). I didn't actually touch the touchscreen to view the alert this time, I just watched to see if it was going to reboot on its own. Instead, the blue message alert dot went away a minute or two later, and it never rebooted. I can confirm that my internet as a whole did not encounter an issue, because I was on a VOIP call at the time and never had an issue. I didn't quite get home in time to see if it happened today, but I'll keep observing. Definitely still uncomfortable with that happening on a daily basis...

Official Employee

Hi, commodore_dude - 

Are you still having the same issues? Please keep us updated.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.