Community Forum

Touchscreen locking up when disarmed from keypad or app

Contributor

Touchscreen locking up when disarmed from keypad or app

I have had several occurrences in recent weeks where after arriving home and disarming my system either from the mobile app or a keypad at an entry door, the touchscreen locks on the disarming screen at a timer of 0:00 with the message "Armed Not Armed". If I attempt to enter my code on this screen, I am eventually brought to a timeout screen, and if I click through that, it goes back to the disarming screen at a 2:00 timer, counts down to 0:00, and nothing happens. This is only recoverable by a hard reset of the system, which is not sustainable. Is there a way to fix this, or do I need a new touchscreen?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Touchscreen locking up when disarmed from keypad or app

@commodore_dude wrote:

I have had several occurrences in recent weeks where after arriving home and disarming my system either from the mobile app or a keypad at an entry door, the touchscreen locks on the disarming screen at a timer of 0:00 with the message "Armed Not Armed". If I attempt to enter my code on this screen, I am eventually brought to a timeout screen, and if I click through that, it goes back to the disarming screen at a 2:00 timer, counts down to 0:00, and nothing happens. This is only recoverable by a hard reset of the system, which is not sustainable. Is there a way to fix this, or do I need a new touchscreen?

No clue.

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

I have not. There was no information on this particular error that I could find anywhere on the internet, so it seemed like a good idea to create this thread as a touchpoint for anyone else experiencing the same issue. I have noticed if I just ignore the lockup, and go about my business for a while, after some number of arm/disarm cycles from the keypad or app, the touchscreen returns to normal. I'm not sure why phone support would be better placed to actually log a potential software defect as opposed to these forums, I've never had good luck with reporting issues via chat or phone.

Official Employee

Commodore_dude -

That's definitely not normal.  I've had a couple of cases over the years where after disarming, the touchscreen was unresponsive for maybe about 10 seconds, but nothing like what you describe.

A first step in troubleshooting would be to reboot the touchscreen to see if that gets things back to normal for you - the easist way to do this is from our Xfinity My Account App.  Once you've logged into it, go to the Xfinity Home section, click on the picture of your Touchscreen,  then go to Troubleshoot --> Restart Touch Screen.

If the problem persists, it's not a bad idea to contact Xfinity Home services so they can run some diagnostics or to consider having a technician out to potentially swap the Touchscreen in case it's defective.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks for the tip on rebooting via the app, that worked when this happened again a couple of days ago. I'll keep tracking how frequently it happens, and reach out if it remains frequent to see about a replacement touchscreen.

New Poster